• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurst cut

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I'm from Columbia, but I think this team needs to give up on Gamecocks. They all seem to contract the injury bug when they come to the Panthers. 

Edit: In other words, no to Legette at 33. 

I was born in Columbia when my father was playing for the Gamecocks, so I have always been a fan of sorts. I agree.  Of course, I would take Travelle Wharton all day long right now!  And for a seventh rounder, Capt Munnerlyn was pretty good. 

39 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It is comical how damn near every single major decision we have made in the past 5 or so years has ended up being the wrong choice all the way down. You have to be both incompetent and unlucky for things to work out as badly as they have for us.

what's more comical is that for a while we were buying in to it.

Scott-Fitterer-Eyes-Meme-1024x569.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I'm from Columbia, but I think this team needs to give up on Gamecocks. They all seem to contract the injury bug when they come to the Panthers. 

Edit: In other words, no to Legette at 33. 

Clemson players have never done the Panthers wrong in the draft.  Ever.  Reason 343 why they are the better college team. 

• Flames 2

Again this is great. We are going to suck next year. Cut dead weight now, start the healing process for the future. 

this is what we SHOULD have done Rhule's first year. yet every year the panthers have tried to go back to the well and starting with quick fix solutions 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I was born in Columbia when my father was playing for the Gamecocks, so I have always been a fan of sorts. I agree.  Of course, I would take Travelle Wharton all day long right now!  And for a seventh rounder, Capt Munnerlyn was pretty good. 

Wharton might be my most underrated Panther of all time. 

Captain, might be the best value pick in Panther history.   7th round pick for a top tier nickel CB.  We just got desperate and asked too much of him.

• Pie 3

This is a roster spot--I think Tremble is ready to step up, and (this is going to grind some gears)  Ricci flashed a bit as a receiving TE--as a FB, he sucked.  Ian might get cut, but if we are going to run it, he might be worth it to keep.

200.gif

Those are serious health concerns when it comes to the concussion so not a surprising move at all though I thought they would spread the dead cap hit with a post June 1st designation.

Ian will go next and Tremble will take his spot.  Sullivan was resigned already and they might bring back Ricci if there is no competition.  TE is going to get some investments this offseason.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Captain, might be the best value pick in Panther history.   7th round pick for a top tier nickel CB.  We just got desperate and asked too much of him.

I got to know Wharton a bit, talking to him every June at OTAs.  He was one of the nicest Panthers I ever had a brief chat with.  Great guy.  (Nicest ever had to be Jake Delhomme, fwiw)

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Travelle did us proud! Captain was ok. He made a few plays here and there, but I wouldn't give him "pretty good." But agree that injuries weren't a concern. I guess my theory applies to more recent players. And... I just don't think Legette is the right pick. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Those are serious health concerns when it comes to the concussion so not a surprising move at all though I thought they would spread the dead cap hit with a post June 1st designation.

Ian will go next and Tremble will take his spot.  Sullivan was resigned already and they might bring back Ricci if there is no competition.  TE is going to get some investments this offseason.

I forgot about Sullivan.  Tremble was targeted 30 times and caught 23, 3 for TDs.  That is pretty good efficiency. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Travelle did us proud! Captain was ok. He made a few plays here and there, but I wouldn't give him "pretty good." But agree that injuries weren't a concern. I guess my theory applies to more recent players. And... I just don't think Legette is the right pick. 

I was higher on Legette until I watched him at the combine.  He did not look as polished as others with second round grades.  We need excellent route runners and YAC guys. 

I got excited about the UF WR Pearsall.  The type who becomes the steal of the draft.  Athletically, he was elite, he runs good routes, has good hands.  So far, not being shown the love, but I imagine that when the dust settles, he is an early second round guy.  Legette may drop to round 3.

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Because we’ve never drafted one!?!? 

Quoted wrong post lol

Edited by La Pantera