• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luvu / Burns…. Gross / Peppers Dejavu

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Spending wildly in free agency on "big names" has a long and generally unsuccessful history in the league.

Drafting well is how you build a team for longevity. It's the most obvious thing about the NFL offseason almost every year.

Great let's continue to miss on drafting players and signing average players on FA.

We saving money and we are going to continue to suck. People wonder why Panthers fans don't show up to games anymore. 

Some of you guys are older. By the time we turn this around you might be in a rocking chair. Sometimes you gotta spend big baby!

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I was on the "trade him" bandwagon because I did not like the comment he made either.  However, if you break it down, you have to separate the emotional chest pounding from the business decision.  Burns may have a point. 

What comment?

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Great let's continue to miss on drafting players and signing average players on FA.

We saving money and we are going to continue to suck. People wonder why Panthers fans don't show up to games anymore. 

Some of you guys are older. By the time we turn this around you might be in a rocking chair. Sometimes you gotta spend big baby!

I would say in the last half decade....we have been able to sign multiple defensive players that were better at their jobs than Burns is at his.   

Dumping huge money into Brian Burns just doesn't make sense.  We can find players on defense.  Can we find a Burns clone? Probably not.  Would anyone actually seek a clone an edge player though if you are looking for one? 

Goal is to build a great overall team.  I just don't see how Burns given his assumed price tag makes any sense. 

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Chris Jones has been my #1 target.

Add him with this defense with Evero calling plays you might have the best defense in football.

The dudes price tag is going to be close to 30m to play for us. We are not in a position to add ANY high priced FAs.

Those are the types of moves you make when you feel you are one piece away from competing for a super bowl. 

The best thing we can do is resign our own guys and pick up draft capital. not go on a spending spree for names. 

Edited by PootieNunu

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

The dudes price tag is going to be close to 30m to play for us. We are not in a position to add ANY high priced FAs.

Those are the types of moves you make when you feel you are one piece away from competing for a super bowl. 

The best thing we can do is resign our own guys and pick up draft capital. not go on a spending spree for names. 

Do you know how many teams can realistically win a SB?

Once again you need elite players to win in this league. What good is owning a team if you're not willing to pay. What good is rooting for a team if they aren't willing to pay.

Like cmon bro you are obsessed with saving money and I'm honestly confused with that mindset. What are we saving money for?

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Do you know how many teams can realistically win a SB?

Once again you need elite players to win in this league. What good is owning a team if you're not willing to pay. What good is rooting for a team if they aren't willing to pay.

Like cmon bro you are obsessed with saving money and I'm honestly confused with that mindset. What are we saving money for?

What are we signing big names for? Adding Chris Jones or any other FA is not going to shift our win total dramatically it's just a waste of cap that we may need to sign someone with down the road when we actually have a good team. 

We are going to suck this season, just accept it.