• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lawn mower thread

Lame Duck

On 4/8/2024 at 12:05 PM, Lame Duck said:

Zero turn lawn mower is so much fun.  Took me 10 mins to get used to it and now I’m riding that thing like go-cart.  All my dude neighbors now want to buy it.  I mowe my whole yard in 90 minutes instead of 4-5 hours.

Why does it take you so long to mow? I can cut my 2 acres in around 2 hours. Lots of Trees in the front half acre fenced in the back with a swing set swing and hammock I have to move and then the acre field in the back. Also cut my front yard with my 2 year old on my lap in about 30 minutes this afternoon.  I don't have a zero turn either just a 54" Husqvarna with a bagger system that never works.

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

Why does it take you so long to mow? I can cut my 2 acres in around 2 hours. Lots of Trees in the front half acre fenced in the back with a swing set swing and hammock I have to move and then the acre field in the back. Also cut my front yard with my 2 year old on my lap in about 30 minutes this afternoon.  I don't have a zero turn either just a 54" Husqvarna with a bagger system that never works.

It’s not just to mow but I also trim, edge, and blow.  Just mowing takes me like 30-40 mins especially as I got better at driving that thing.

On 5/6/2024 at 8:09 PM, Lame Duck said:

I already mowed my yard 6 times… so much fun.  For the first time in my life I can’t wait until it’s time to mow.  It’s like ridding a go cart.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:59 PM, Lame Duck said:

It’s not just to mow but I also trim, edge, and blow.  Just mowing takes me like 30-40 mins especially as I got better at driving that thing.

I kinda miss that. After my last mower sh!t the bed, I called a guy I've known for years who owns his own lawn business. He does my 1 acre yard for $45 and it includes immaculate edging and blowing. He does my pine straw twice a year and sprays the pre- and post-emergent in the spring and fall.

For what he charges me, I can get 5 years of mowing for what a new mower will cost. But I do miss the riding and edging, etc.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I kinda miss that. After my last mower sh!t the bed, I called a guy I've known for years who owns his own lawn business. He does my 1 acre yard for $45 and it includes immaculate edging and blowing. He does my pine straw twice a year and sprays the pre- and post-emergent in the spring and fall.

For what he charges me, I can get 5 years of mowing for what a new mower will cost. But I do miss the riding and edging, etc.

$45 is a hell of a deal.  I was told $90 per cut so $360 per month.  My lawnmower will pay for itself within 2-3 years plus gives me opportunity to get out of the house.

Edited by Lame Duck

On 5/14/2024 at 12:54 AM, lightsout said:

Now that we've established mowing is a fun, relaxing time for all of us, let's talk mowing shoes.

I'm an old man in my mid-30s but I traded the monarchs for some sketchers boots and goddamn are they nice

My mowing shoes are my old running shoes cause clearly I no longer run if I got a riding lawn mower.

• Pie 1