• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Depth Chart (For your Convenience--Top 10 needs included)

MHS831

Reacting to what we still need--

I look at what the Lions did last year, with getting specific players they wanted. Some perceived them as reaches (Gibbs/RB, LB, LaPorta/TE, & Campbell/LB) and it makes me think that we may end up doing something similar with how wide spanning our needs our. 

Target specific guys/player types for building a foundation & future at 33 or 39.  With that in mind, there's one in particular who is starting to stand out IMO that is not really being discussed...but he'd be a captain quickly and more.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Reacting to what we still need--

I look at what the Lions did last year, with getting specific players they wanted. Some perceived them as reaches (Gibbs/RB, LB, LaPorta/TE, & Campbell/LB) and it makes me think that we may end up doing something similar with how wide spanning our needs our. 

Target specific guys/player types for building a foundation & future at 33 or 39.  With that in mind, there's one in particular who is starting to stand out IMO that is not really being discussed...but he'd be a captain quickly and more.

I think it's going to be difficult to not walk away with a receiver in the second round. I've started watching game cut ups and some of these late first, early second, projected receivers are very talented. This is a year where throughout the draft you'll be able to draft value at receiver, but wow some of these guys I'm watching really look the part, at the top of the second, compared to years past.

Depending on how the board falls there could be an outside shot of talent falling at other positions because of how tempting it is for teams to take one of these players. Which could possibly send an EDGE player our way, hopefully.

However, ff we ended up with say Pearsall at 39 I wouldn't mind it at all.

11 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I think it's going to be difficult to not walk away with a receiver in the second round. I've started watching game cut ups and some of these late first, early second, projected receivers are very talented. This is a year where throughout the draft you'll be able to draft value at receiver, but wow some of these guys I'm watching really look the part, at the top of the second, compared to years past.

Depending on how the board falls there could be an outside shot of talent falling at other positions because of how tempting it is for teams to take one of these players. Which could possibly send an EDGE player our way, hopefully.

However, ff we ended up with say Pearsall at 39 I wouldn't mind it at all.

I love Pearsall. He's my favorite WR this year after the top-4 and McConkey.  

Who I was hinting at...there's an ILB in Junior Colson that is far and away the best at the spot in the draft.  And an incredible leader at that, to bring in and lead this defense for 8+ years.  Shaq is coming off a big injury in his final contract year, Jewell is an older guy, is more of a stop-gap while we rebuild.  Our LB GM could very well be looking for our next true leader in the middle.  

Junior Colson at 33 is something I gotta say I've been flirting with and honestly love.  If you want to rebuild you have to find your core.  

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Who I was hinting at...there's an ILB in Junior Colson that is far and away the best at the spot in the draft.  And an incredible leader at that, to bring in and lead this defense for 8+ years.  Shaq is coming off a big injury in his final contract year, Jewell is an older guy, is more of a stop-gap while we rebuild.  Our LB GM could very well be looking for our next true leader in the middle.  

Junior Colson at 33 is something I gotta say I've been flirting with and honestly love.  If you want to rebuild you have to find your core.  

29 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Pearsall is such a natural, fluid, receiver. Before the trade for Diontae I would have been happy taking him at 33. I think I still would be, but if it happens it's because there's little talent at EDGE left (entirely likely).

Edited by Krovvy
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Pearsall is such a natural, fluid, receiver. Before the trade for Diontae I would have been happy taking him at 33. I think I still would be, though I would be if it happens it's because there's little talent at EDGE left (entirely likely).

In-game quickness (not just fast in shorts), stellar hands, route-running is A-level...it is just as good as McConkey.  A plug slot and can play Z.  I just don't see how he doesn't translate to the NFL and immediately.  

Another guy in Cowing ain't too shabby either in this respect, great mid-round guy to target.

Updated, I think.  Still I have not yet put Center on this list, but it could become a priority--just can't say that we have a need when Corbett and Mays are listed as centers--not sure how good that really is or isn't.  I think we might draft one, however, for now, I will assume Corbett is qualified and Mays is depth. 

Left Tackle

Left Guard

Center

Right Guard

Right Tackle

Ickey Ekwonu

Damien Lewis

Austin Corbett

Robert Hunt

Taylor Moton

Brady Christesen

Chandler Zavala

Cade Mays

(B. Christensen)

Wide Receiver

Running Back

Quarterback

Tight End

Diontae Johnson

Chuba Hubbard

Bryce Young

Miles Sanders

Andy Dalton

Tommy Tremble

Adam Thielen

Ian Thomas

Jonathan Mingo

R. Blackshear

I Smith-Marsette

T Marshall Jr

Stephen Sullivan

Jack Linebacker

Defensive End

Defensive Tackle

Defensive End

Sam Linebacker

Derrick Brown

Shy Tuttle

A’Shwn Robinson

Amare Barno

DJ Johnson

Raeq Williams

Nick Thurmond

LaBryan Ray

Eku Leota

Cornerback

Will LB

Mike LB

Nickel

Cornerback

JC Horn

Shaq Thompson

Josey Jewell

Troy Hill

Dane Jackson

Chandlr Wooten

Strong Safety

Free Safety

Xavier Woods

Jammi Robinson

Prioritized Needs: YELLOW- 1. Edge, 2. Wide Receiver 3. Tight End  4. Strong Safety 5. Center?

Secondary Needs: GREEN- 1. Corner (2), 3. Running Back, 4. Mike Linebacker, 5. F. Safety

20 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Pearsall is such a natural, fluid, receiver. Before the trade for Diontae I would have been happy taking him at 33. I think I still would be, but if it happens it's because there's little talent at EDGE left (entirely likely).

i am a fan

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Big Board: (3/13/24 Players I want for Panthers–if the name is not on the list, I have a reason for not including that person–feel free to copy this and create your own list)

Thought I would share--these are my rankings. I am using pick 33 to catch a falling value or to trade back a bit. 

Pick 33

• Chop Robinson, OLB Penn State  (unlikely, but he could fall)

• Adonia Mitchell WR Texas (less unlikely, but probably not there)

• Graham Barton, C Duke (consistent and smart–will be a great NFL C; most have given him a first round grade.  I heard Pittsburgh likes him a lot)

• Jackson Powers-Johnson C, Oregon.  (The best center in the draft, unlikely that he drops, but it is possible)

(Trade back if all are gone)

Pick 39

• Chris Braswell, Edge Alabama (should be there.  A baller, lacks some of the bend others have but he gets at it with a high motor. A Dawg.)

• Payton Wilson (I think he is higher than most draft sites have him.  Luke Compares him to Luke.  Beside Jewell, he could be good allow team to cut 31-year old Shaq and save $3m.  Expect Morgan to have a voice in the ILB decisions.  If Luke likes him….)

• Xavier Worthy WR Texas (Afraid his stock is too inflated.  Speed aside, he needs to add 20 pounds of muscle)

• Xavier Legette WR South Carolina.  (Has all the tools, but he is raw.  Slow in and out of breaks, but a specimen who needs to be coached up.  39 is a bit high for him.)

• Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon.  (I am not high on him, but others are.  I think his hands are suspect, he is raw, and he will struggle in the pros)

• Ladd McConkey WR Georgia (good route runner. Was injured a lot in 2023.  Smart)

• Tyler Nubin, S Minnesota (This guy can play either S spot and is a ball hawk.  Will be a solid pro. Speed is ??) 

• Kamari Lassiter CB Georgia (had a great 3 cone and 20 shuffle–ran in the 4.5s at pro day–zone CB?  Had this listed before signing Dane Jackson; we still need CB help)

(Some will ask, what? No Keon Coleman?  Not really.  I see him as a player whose size benefited him, not his skill, and that will change in the NFL–Kelvin Benjamin II No)

Pick 65

• Jonah Ellis, Edge Utah  (I would be elated to get this guy here)

• Bralen Trice, Edge, Washington (high motor, average talent.  Fringe starter, solid rotational player)

• Adisa Isaac Edge  Penn State  (Had a really good Sr Bowl, so he is here, but I am not sold on him as a starter in the NFL)

• Sedrick Van-Pran C UGa (The athletic Center the Panthers will need long term)

• Ennis Rakestraw, CB Missouri (I think he is overrated because he has flaws and mechanical issues, but at 65, he would be a steal who could become a top CB in time.)

• Max Melton, CB Rutgers (5’11” can play inside or out–4.39 40 at combine.  Plays best when facing WR or zone schemes)

• Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan (4.47 at combine, projects to be an average NFL starter; projects to nickel at only 5’9”))

• Kris Abrams-Draine CB Missouri (potential outside CB, a bit short)

• Roman Wilson, WR Michigan (Think Mimms. Sort of a sleeper–hidden at Michigan)

• Ricky Pearsall, WR Florida (if he falls to 65, take him and trade Thielen. Maybe the best overall athlete at the combine–ranked near top in most measures–perfect NFL slot)

• Malachi Corley WR Western KY (Good YAC receiver who played outside and inside, but was not against top competition.  Raw route runner)

• Karmen Kitchens, S, Miami. (fast, takes good angles, a hitter)

• Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas (Good hands, speed. Tough over middle)

Nice list. I've got my annual assessments brewing and you've got a few I really like..Pearsall, Adisa Isaac, & Max Melton.  

On 3/13/2024 at 5:57 PM, MHS831 said:

Updated, I think.  Still I have not yet put Center on this list, but it could become a priority--just can't say that we have a need when Corbett and Mays are listed as centers--not sure how good that really is or isn't.  I think we might draft one, however, for now, I will assume Corbett is qualified and Mays is depth. 

Left Tackle

Left Guard

Center

Right Guard

Right Tackle

Ickey Ekwonu

Damien Lewis

Austin Corbett

Robert Hunt

Taylor Moton

Brady Christesen

Chandler Zavala

Cade Mays

(B. Christensen)

Wide Receiver

Running Back

Quarterback

Tight End

Diontae Johnson

Chuba Hubbard

Bryce Young

Miles Sanders

Andy Dalton

Tommy Tremble

Adam Thielen

Ian Thomas

Jonathan Mingo

R. Blackshear

I Smith-Marsette

T Marshall Jr

Stephen Sullivan

Jack Linebacker

Defensive End

Defensive Tackle

Defensive End

Sam Linebacker

Derrick Brown

Shy Tuttle

A’Shwn Robinson

Amare Barno

DJ Johnson

Raeq Williams

Nick Thurmond

LaBryan Ray

Eku Leota

Cornerback

Will LB

Mike LB

Nickel

Cornerback

JC Horn

Shaq Thompson

Josey Jewell

Troy Hill

Dane Jackson

Chandlr Wooten

Strong Safety

Free Safety

Xavier Woods

Jammi Robinson

Prioritized Needs: YELLOW- 1. Edge, 2. Wide Receiver 3. Tight End  4. Strong Safety 5. Center?

Secondary Needs: GREEN- 1. Corner (2), 3. Running Back, 4. Mike Linebacker, 5. F. Safety

I think edge moves to green, I still think its a priority but we can wait for a good match there now instead of feeling like we have to make a move. If we get Mike Williams and anything at TE we are set, assuming we pick up that Safety visiting.