• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should draft Randy Moss 2.0

CRA

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t know enough about him but I’ve heard he kind of is a one year wonder. Is this true USC fans?

Not a UofSC fan, but the stats will show a one year wonder.  This article does a good job of summarizing his college career:

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/carolina/gamecocks-xavier-legette-is-overlooked-no-longer/article_4f212004-52fb-11ee-8627-7bf360310517.html

I think we’d be crazy to pass on this guy. As fun as it is to mock draft him in the 3rd round, I highly doubt he’s still there after round 2. 

9 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Not a UofSC fan, but the stats will show a one year wonder.  This article does a good job of summarizing his college career:

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/carolina/gamecocks-xavier-legette-is-overlooked-no-longer/article_4f212004-52fb-11ee-8627-7bf360310517.html

I think we’d be crazy to pass on this guy. As fun as it is to mock draft him in the 3rd round, I highly doubt he’s still there after round 2. 

Yeah, he would be a no brainer in the 3rd IMO.  Great NFL tools.  Really seems to be trending up and still developing too.  I think he has a lot more room to grow.  I think another year of college likely would have him in the first round.  

and being a no good dirty Gamecock aside….I like his story.   Rough life.  Hard worker.  Easy to pull for.   And having dudes easy to pull for as people is part of the fun.  

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, strato said:

When I in Boston the females used to send me a drink to come say hello, for the accent. Regularly.

When I lived north of Seattle they thought I was stupid because of it.

In my experience, coming up anyway, people used to think I was stupid because of it everywhere---and don't get me started about making life choices that were nonconformist---but I quickly disabused them of that notion based upon my intellect. Now, some just mistake me for arrogant, but even that's not true. But it is what it is. The ladies and even some guys like my deep voice and hint of a southern drawl.

I used to work in a call center. When I answered the phone one time, a guy said "Whoa, who am I talking to, God?" LOL

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, strato said:

When I in Boston the females used to send me a drink to come say hello, for the accent. Regularly.

I have never questioned the overall intelligence of any general Seattle resident. Beautiful area but one of the largest collections of some of the dumbest in the dark head buried in the sand numbskulls I have have ever seen or encountered.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t know enough about him but I’ve heard he kind of is a one year wonder. Is this true USC fans?

One year wonder that never got speration.  Imagine mingo light with short arms and small hands.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

So don’t draft him with one of our 2nds but if he is there in round 3 grab him? 

8 hours ago, strato said:

Same with me when I was in Oregon.  Even my relatives who had kids my age treated me as if I was ingnant.  Those same kids dropped out of high school later and got jobs on crab boats.  I guess they peaked early.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

One year wonder that never got speration.  Imagine mingo light with short arms and small hands.

He is a different beast than many all together. Had the privilege of making his acquaintance the past two seasons and regularly spending some time with him so I am probably biased but he has the best attitude of any young athlete I have ever watched, witnessed, worked with or alongside.

One of the most humble and generally decent humans you will meet. No matter how busy he was the guy always had time to talk to a child and help/offer words of encouragement. Adversity built that guy into something special. He is no joke and will prove any doubters very wrong at the next level. I was so blown away by who he is as a human being and a work ethic like I have never seen before and I've been around a ton of quite accomplished athletes the past 20 years. There is something special about this young man, it shines through when you talk to him for just 30 seconds. A good soul and motivated heart is an understatement when describing him.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1