• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wonnum to Panthers

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I feel like he is more of a YGM replacement. I think he starts opposite of Young/Clowney/draft pick. He is a big upgrade over YGM and not far from recent Burns when you look at a complete package. If we could sign Chase Young (or Clowney) and Fuller it will set us up nicely in the draft IMO. 

I did not realize that Wonnum was 260lbs.  He looks about 240--so you are probably right.  He is an upgrade over YGM. DJ Johnson has great speed (4.49) but he is 260 as well. Barno is in the 240 range, and he also has elite quickness (4.36).  So I am guessing,based on these physical characteristics, than DJ will be behind Wonnum as the SLB, and Barno will be behind the edge pass rusher on the other side--how do you see it?

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I did not realize that Wonnum was 260lbs.  He looks about 240--so you are probably right.  He is an upgrade over YGM. DJ Johnson has great speed (4.49) but he is 260 as well. Barno is in the 240 range, and he also has elite quickness (4.36).  So I am guessing,based on these physical characteristics, than DJ will be behind Wonnum as the SLB, and Barno will be behind the edge pass rusher on the other side--how do you see it?

Thats sounds right to me. Let me call up Evero and see what he thinks… brb.

• Pie 1

This is a good signing as EDGE3 with upside to EDGE2 and the contract reflects that.  As others have noted his numbers don't matchup to the tape as his sacks and pressures are mainly clean ups or free runs, but he's young with size/length/speed traits who can hopefully continue to develop.  Hopefully a Day 2 draft pick and a bigger free agent still to come at the position.