• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears cashing in on Bryce Young trade

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

And he has enough arm. That was never an issue. Confidence - in himself, his receivers, and most importantly his protection played a role in him not letting it rip too often. But he showed plenty of zip on a lot of throws. And from some awkard angles. Saying he doesn't have a strong enough arm means there were NO throws that looked like legit NFL passes. And that's just not accurate. He will defintely need to improve on his deep ball accuracy too. That or take more shots. No one will remember the 2 you missed in the game, if you hit 2 others. Saw that with Stroud - alot. 

I guess labeling him a top 10 QB can be subjective. But if enough people say it, then it'll have to have some merit. 

He doesn't have enough arm, and that was the issue lol. He saw a lot of those NFL open throws and knew he couldn't get the ball there. Bates destroyed his arm confidence in the first Falcons game so from then on he played scared/safe whatever you want to call it. Other missed opportunities he just literally couldn't see past the line so couldn't see wide open guys

• Pie 5

18 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

He doesn't have enough arm, and that was the issue lol. He saw a lot of those NFL open throws and knew he couldn't get the ball there. Bates destroyed his arm confidence in the first Falcons game so from then on he played scared/safe whatever you want to call it. Other missed opportunities he just literally couldn't see past the line so couldn't see wide open guys

Do you think the football magically got x10 bigger between college and the NFL and the linemen he had at Alabama where 6 and 7 inches shorter than the ones he has on the panthers? lol

He has the ability we just don't know if he can execute it at the NFL level yet 

• Pie 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:13 PM, scpanther22 said:

Do you think the football magically got x10 bigger between college and the NFL and the linemen he had at Alabama where 6 and 7 inches shorter than the ones he has on the panthers? lol

He has the ability we just don't know if he can execute it at the NFL level yet 

I think every player on defence got bigger and faster, yes. 

You're playing against the College All-Stars of each recruiting class for the past decade in the NFL. He probably came across 2-3 future NFL players per game (and they were nowhere near the finished article) in the SEC.

It's night and day - and it's shown on the field. 

• Beer 1

On 3/18/2024 at 3:12 PM, SOJA said:

we lose bc we *probably* picked the wrong guy. But if we had taken stroud that trade would have been an easy W for us. 

It was still too expensive even for Stroud (and what he's turned out to be [so far]).

We gave up sooooooo much. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 3/18/2024 at 6:01 PM, strato said:

Bro, navy, you can’t possibly be looking at him ‘slinging’ it and seeing a good arm. 

making one or two throw types NFL caliber, is not NFL arm. It might be part NFL.  Nfl.

The thing is, they are going to hide him, and not ask him to make certain throws. So we won’t see evidence  of his shortcomings. Which is what they should do.. Let’s see how that plays out.

#1 overall pick that we traded the world for and they have to hide him.

I hope Fitterer never works in football again / becomes the GM of our most hated rival. 

On 3/17/2024 at 6:41 PM, Navy_football said:

Some of you guys are gonna look real dumb when Bryce Young becomes a top 10 QB in the NFL by 2025.

Spoiler: he'll only need NFL average receivers and linemen to get there.

Bonus Spoiler: many of you have no idea what you're looking at and are as emotional as a 3 year old little girl that can't stop thinking about waffles.

I mean thats basically just blind optimism as he showed absolutely nothing last year

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean thats basically just blind optimism as he showed absolutely nothing last year

And that's just blind pessimism to say he showed absolutely nothing last year. Nothing? All year?

He showed alot. Not consistently enough to be a successful QB (winning games) in the NFL. The point is a lot of that had to do with his supporting cast, as we continue to state over and over. Maybe a better cast allows him to be more consistent. Maybe it doesn't. We'll see the next couple of seasons. I just choose to cheer for his success and point out his positives, rather than constantly point out his negatives and seemingly cheer for him to fail.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

#1 overall pick that we traded the world for and they have to hide him.

I hope Fitterer never works in football again / becomes the GM of our most hated rival. 

We better hope it was all Fitterer.

• Beer 1

Pessimism is not blind and starts at 5’9. It moves on to that arm, that cannot get any juice on a football unless he has a runway to put his who body into the throw. You might get 45 air yards maybe, if he has that opportunity.

Why do you want to deal with that when you have the top pick?

Tell you what you won't get: flick that wrist like a pro and the ball is flying on a shallow trajectory 30-40-50 yards and when they put their body onto it, a sight more than your boy.

4 hours ago, strato said:

Pessimism is not blind and starts at 5’9. It moves on to that arm, that cannot get any juice on a football unless he has a runway to put his who body into the throw. You might get 45 air yards maybe, if he has that opportunity.

Why do you want to deal with that when you have the top pick?

Tell you what you won't get: flick that wrist like a pro and the ball is flying on a shallow trajectory 30-40-50 yards and when they put their body onto it, a sight more than your boy.

strato... come on. This is what I'm talking about. These are the hot takes that I just can't get with. If you don't like the guy, just say that. Making claims that he can't do things that he's done, is just hard to take in.

If you don't think Bryce has a strong arm. ok. That is mostly subjective and you're entitled to your opinion. Saying he can't throw the ball 45 yards, is... I just can't. 

Does he have a Stroud, Levis, or Richardson arm? I can agree that he probably doesn't. But he does have a more than strong enough arm to play QB in the NFL. If arm strength were all that mattered then Cam, Culpepper, George, Vick, Cutler and Jamarcus Russell would all be 1st ballot HOFers. 

He can make every throw, or can improvise to make every throw needed - height can be an issue at times. Agree he needs to put a little more air on the deep balls. But he's thrown darts at 30+ yards. 90%+ of his passes will be less than that. I'm more interested in the 20-25 yards throws off platform at awkard arm angles that fall into receiver's hands. 

Edited by Navy_football
Meant Jeff George, not Brett Favre