• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales on fixing Bryce's footwork

Just now, electro's horse said:

yeah....

bryce has been with the best coaches possible his entire playing life. Well, until last year obviously.

He throws the way he throws for a reason.

If I was really bored I'd look up what people on here said about The Golden Calf of Bristol's throwing motion coming out. 

bryce has had elite coaching and private tutoring since at least 8th grade.  He has been with the absolute best teams since then as well, little to no adversity.  Fast forward to august of 2023 and thats how you get a 2 win season.  Why anyone thinks this is the off season it clicks for bryce is pure insanity, why anyone thinks that DC can finally unlock young is pure insanity.   Add in the pic that was posted earlier this week and he looks absolutely smaller then he did during the season and its going to be a long year

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

I still hold the claim no chance former players like Dan, mccown and even Reich met face-to-face with young and still thought " Hes the one..."

absolutely

put another way, remember how small armanti edwards looked on the field? He was at least 2 inches taller and probably 20 pounds heavier, Bryce's Chipotle fueled combine weigh in not withstanding.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

bryce has had elite coaching and private tutoring since at least 8th grade.  He has been with the absolute best teams since then as well, little to no adversity.  Fast forward to august of 2023 and thats how you get a 2 win season.  Why anyone thinks this is the off season it clicks for bryce is pure insanity, why anyone thinks that DC can finally unlock young is pure insanity.   Add in the pic that was posted earlier this week and he looks absolutely smaller then he did during the season and its going to be a long year

I will say that the second best QB performance in 2022 was Bryce against Tennessee. They were basically running suicide blitz against him the entire game, in knoxville, at night, with the refs on tennessee's side, and albama STILL should have won it. That game was the main reason I was hopeful when the Panthers drafted him. In retrospect, it was just Tennessee sending a bunch of no name defenders on blitzers.

The best game of the season, of course, was by the QB the panthers passed on to draft a midget. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

yeah....

bryce has been with the best coaches possible his entire playing life. Well, until last year obviously.

He throws the way he throws for a reason.

If I was really bored I'd look up what people on here said about The Golden Calf of Bristol's throwing motion coming out. 

You can fix his foot work till he looks like Fred Astaire but the crux of the problem will always be there. Glad Canales is taking this on as his pet project.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The year that it clicks? Have you seen Bryce's history as a starter? Last year has been the exception not the rule in his case. No one knows how he's going to pan out for sure going forward, but for all of that elite coaching that he's gotten it's certainly paid off for him.

Just now, XClown1986 said:

The year that it clicks? Have you seen Bryce's history as a starter? Last year has been the exception not the rule in his case. No one knows how he's going to pan out for sure going forward, but for all of that elite coaching that he's gotten it's certainly paid off for him.

::sigh::

12 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

There's nothing wrong with the wait and see approach. But those aren't types of perspectives I'm seeing from a lot of people. They're just looking for any excuse to bash Bryce and reduce Canales to nothing before he even steps foot on the field as the head coach.

You perceive the criticism of Bryce Young to be bashing when it's simply logical application of what we know of him in the National Football League. He finished with one of the worst rookie seasons in history. We can't change that. In this very thread someone just touted his Heisman trophy like that means anything. What do you make of that? You have to evenly apply the standards you are expecting for dialogue on this issue.

As for Canales from what I can tell a good number of people think he can be capable of doing positive things here. They just don't know that he's been given the hand to be able to do that with under the guise that he's been hired to fix Bryce Young. That's precisely why he ended up being our choice for the job if we are just laying all our cards on the table and being honest with ourselves.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

so i'm responding sincerely and without any negative energy towards this post.

I do not think anything bryce did as a starter in college matters regarding his NFL career. This is the case for all NFL QBs, regardless of their successes at either level. 

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

so i'm responding sincerely and without any negative energy towards this post.

I do not think anything bryce did as a starter in college matters regarding his NFL career. This is the case for all NFL QBs, regardless of their successes at either level. 

So what metric do we use to measure college quarterbacks as NFL prospects then? If what they did as a college starter doesn't matter in terms of what they can do in the NFL then how is a prospect supposed to be analyzed properly? I'm not even talking statistically. I simply mean the body of work they put onto the field. And that absolutely matters in terms of figuring out whether or not this is the quarterback you want to lead an NFL team. This isn't meant to be negative for my end either. This is seriously just my attempt to understand where you're coming from

Edited by XClown1986
  • Pie 1