• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales on fixing Bryce's footwork

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

my issue going into last year wasn't so much pure incompetency....but bad marriages that were always doomed from the start.   Which brought out the worst outcomes or "incompetency".  We weren't putting people together that meshed/fit.  Coaches and players.  It was a forced vision.   

Still feels forced.  I just hope if Bryce doesn't fit after an honest try they move on.  And do it late down the stretch and it not be some big offseason decision.   

i do think we will either see significant growth or not and if not then we need to be moving on. he doesn't have to be the whole package this year, just a lot better than last year. but if we keep seeing the same thing, just do like we did with burns this year and take our medicine and move on. 

16 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Bryce's arm is good enough. No, it's not elite.   Both of the guys that are considered goats (Montana and Brady), neither had big arms. In fact I use to laugh at the rainbows that Montana would have to throw.  

Now calm down, I'm not.comparing Bryce to the Goats. Just pointing out his arm is good enough for the NFL. 

I know many of you will die on your disdain for Bryce, but he's not what yall paint him to be.  

I, personally,  got tired of watching him having to run for his life.  Not having time to make his reads, let alone set his feat. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do behind a good oline, and a more complete receiver room. 

No matter how it works out, it never changes the fact that drafting a QB, more often than not,  doesn't succeed.  

I know I'm one of the few, but I believe in his talent.   Maybe the NFL will destroy him, or maybe he'll surprise all of us. 

Brady and Montana had average arms. Burrow has an average arm. You can be elite without an elite arm.

Bryce's arm isn't average. Sorry. I'm hard pressed to name another QB who took to an NFL field last year who showed a weaker arm. That's a lot to overcome.

• Pie 2

Just watch his highlights for the season, after clearing your mind (avoid the strong pull of confirmation bias). You're not coming away thinking this guy has a weak arm. Not elite. But not weak either. Good enough to make all the throws he needs to.

And honestly gents, he could have the weakest arm of every starting QB in the NFL, and that still not mean his arm is too weak for the NFL. He doesn't need a special dink and dunk offense because he can't put velocity on a throw over 20 yards. 

Ya'll have to chill with the hyperbole just to prove a point. He might not make it in the NFL, but it won't be because he can't accurately zip a 30 yards pass. Jeez...

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

You're not coming away thinking this guy has a weak arm. 

I'm sorry but this is just denying reality. I thought going into the draft that his arm was probably NFL average at best but probably below average. Like run of the mill below average. Not near bottom of the league. What I saw on the field was one of the weakest arms on an NFL roster. 

Why don't we try naming the QBs who took to an NFL field last year who showed a weaker arm. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i do think we will either see significant growth or not and if not then we need to be moving on. he doesn't have to be the whole package this year, just a lot better than last year. but if we keep seeing the same thing, just do like we did with burns this year and take our medicine and move on. 

I'll give him one mulligan.  Same basic outlook as last year, Bryce Young better really show some glimpses of being special and worth the pick in the 2nd half next year.   If he isn't giving you some "well, that's why you drafted him there moments"......we need to move on.  That would be 2 full seasons with zero moments.  

• Beer 2

44 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I think we've forgotten how that game went. Dalton balled out late in that game. I mean Stroud wouldn't have been able to do what Dalton did in that game. And yes there were drops and yes Dalton took a lot of hits and still delivered the ball. But believe this... there is NO way Dalton finishes the season if he takes that beating every week. I would have given him another 2-3 weeks, 4 tops. 

On top of that he had to throw it 60 times to even reach those stats and the team still lost.  Who would have thought a 10+ year veteran who threw double the amount of normal passes in one game could have more yards and completions than a rookie?  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brady and Montana had average arms. Burrow has an average arm. You can be elite without an elite arm.

Bryce's arm isn't average. Sorry. I'm hard pressed to name another QB who took to an NFL field last year who showed a weaker arm. That's a lot to overcome.

Those average arms are attached to NFL bodies though. 

Bryce has an average arm attached to an extremely below average body.   I mean, Bryce is technically the far end of that representation.    Burrow's 6'4.   

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I simply don't agree with you. He can make three throws.  

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

You're not coming away thinking this guy has a weak arm. 

I'm sorry but this is just denying reality. I thought going into the draft that his arm was probably NFL average at best but probably below average. Like run of the mill below average. Not near bottom of the league. What I saw on the field was one of the weakest arms on an NFL roster. 

Why don't we try naming the QBs who took to an NFL field last year who showed a weaker arm. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, that exercise would be purely subjective in nature. What are the parameters? How do we measure his arm strength? And let's say he does have the weakest arm in the NFL. Does that necessarily mean he has a weak arm? No. As long as he can make all the throws, his arm is strong enough. And it is. 

Deep sigh.....

Why.

Must.

We.

Keep.

Bringing.

Up.

Hall.

Of.

Famers.

Bryce isn't in that stratosphere. How has anyone not learned yet to stop trying to lump him in with GOAT's? He has to prove he can even hang with average QB's in a modern league with rules built around offense and passing ffs.

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

On top of that he had to throw it 60 times to even reach those stats and the team still lost.  Who would have thought a 10+ year veteran who threw double the amount of normal passes in one game could have more yards and completions than a rookie?  

Right... don't know what I was thinking. 

And a 3 time pro-bowler vet at that. Silly me...