• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason program begins

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

The tone of this discussion in the face of facts and actual truths is beginning to remind me of Kyle Allen.

Hell at least he showed some flashes to justify the vehement defenses of him.

Now you are just bored and trying way too hard

4 minutes ago, csx said:

Now you are just bored and trying way too hard

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

But is it the truth?

6 yards per pass attempt in 2019 compared to Bryce Young at 5.5 and 62% completion to Bryce Young's 59.8

Doesn't seem that far off sadly.

5 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And yet the same talking heads are saying right now that HE MUST prove it this year or else. Why is that? More importantly why cant these people tell us how much Bryce is worth in a trade right now. Because i hear a lot of dogging of that question from anonymous execs.

Because you can’t judge anything in the nfl in a 2 year window. The nfl is forever changing, no scout/member/exec will admit that. It’s why the KC chiefs focused on defense this past year. What’s also changing is this leagues view of QBs, you’re gonna have to work with meh play for the actual player to develop even if he’s the first pick,

so what CJ is playing better, he’s in a much better place (that had 3 head coaches in 4 years and took their current head coach being a former player to work after 3 years of shitty play)

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

6 yards per pass attempt in 2019 compared to Bryce Young at 5.5 and 62% completion to Bryce Young's 59.8

Doesn't seem that far off sadly.

Is that Bryce or the system? Did better when Reich was gone. You can have fun with rookie numbers when they play more than 8 games like a lot of rookie QBs.

9 minutes ago, strato said:

Don’t confuse me as saying what others are saying because I have not. I clearly have said, probably in this thread, it wasn’t that important to me that he bulk up. That isn’t my worry. I got em but that isn’t a big one. 

People are justified to want to hear or see something indicating he gives a poo and is doing something to improve his chances at success in the NFL. To justify where he was drafted, to prove himself. Etc etc.

People criticizing that just want to bitch about something because it is perfectly normal to want to see something . 

And fwiw I feel pretty sure that that one game he missed was because Reich did not want to keep playing him. But that isn’t proven but there was plenty of noise about it. 

People are justified to feel however they want to feel, that doesn’t mean how they feel isn’t dumb. Putting on weight might not be the best use of his time. He’s a heisman trophy winner and just saw one of his best friends win rookie of the year. I have no doubt that he’s motivated and will/has put the work in. But working hard and gaining weight don’t make you a good QB. 

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Is that Bryce or the system? Did better when Reich was gone. You can have fun with rookie numbers when they play more than 8 games like a lot of rookie QBs.

We got substantially worse and even ended up being shut out by the Jags missing their starting QB post Reich.

Just saying.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

People are justified to feel however they want to feel, that doesn’t mean how they feel isn’t dumb. Putting on weight might not be the best use of his time. He’s a heisman trophy winner and just saw one of his best friends win rookie of the year. I have no doubt that he’s motivated and will/has put the work in. But working hard and gaining weight don’t make you a good QB. 

Last sentence, maybe rethink that working hard bit because it absolutely matters. It doesn’t guarantee success but not doing it will guarantee failure in this guy’s case..

Cam, didn’t have to sweat it much, this guy...he doesn’t have tools on that level. At all. He has to outwork people. 

Edited by strato