• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Dave Tepper would review play call data, review with Reich

21 minutes ago, bandu said:

yeah unless you are blind to the facts it's hard to argue otherwise...just saying

I think it is reasonable to assume that sooner or later he will have done it wrong so many times that eventually he will have it right simply by never repeating a mistake. (I will take heart on this one: see drafting any more 5’barely10” QBs in our future?)

So let’s toast that day- that far away in the distant future day. That I am pretty sure I won’t be alive to see.

Edited by strato

I'm seeing some takes in here that remind of last year when folks were talking down to others about how it was only preseason and our offense and particularly our QB aren't really that bad.

How many QB's had a worse deep ball than Bryce Young last year?

How many had a lower YPA?

Everyone should want him to go above and beyond.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I'm seeing some takes in here that remind of last year when folks were talking down to others about how it was only preseason and our offense and particularly our QB aren't really that bad.

How many QB's had a worse deep ball than Bryce Young last year?

How many had a lower YPA?

Everyone should want him to go above and beyond.

Dudes with good arms bust all of the time as well

• Flames 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

A lot of it is situational IMO. Mac should be a lower end starter but the Pats screwed him, Fields could never reach his potential in Chicago, Jets weren’t a good place to develop a QB either. Lance is the only one who went to a solid franchise with a good foundation and still busted…

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

A lot of it is situational IMO. Mac should be a lower end starter but the Pats screwed him, Fields could never reach his potential in Chicago, Jets weren’t a good place to develop a QB either. Lance is the only one who went to a solid franchise with a good foundation and still busted…

Wilson got time behind AR and still nothing clicked, I do agree Lance was just bad and he had such limited college tape 

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Wilson got time behind AR and still nothing clicked, I do agree Lance was just bad and he had such limited college tape 

Rodgers impressively might be an even worse mentor than Favre was

5 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Rodgers impressively might be an even worse mentor than Favre was

great QBs don't make good mentors.  Tom Brady has gone in great detail about how he essentially has derailed backup QBs from developing.  

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He was behind AR for like 3 snaps? Remember he was hurt right away. He definitely needed to sit for a while but that Jets OL was pretty shaky. 

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Coach/asst coach turnover absolutely destroyed Fields career.  Probably with wilson as well.  Situations absolutely matter and hopefully with bryce on his 3 OC in 1 year he doesnt go down that same wormhole. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Coach/asst coach turnover absolutely destroyed Fields career.  Probably with wilson as well.  Situations absolutely matter and hopefully with bryce on his 3 OC in 1 year he doesnt go down that same wormhole. 

Nagy about ruined him his rookie year then the poo show continued after he left. It sucks because if the Niners took Fields over Lance, he would have thrived there IMO. 

• Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Absolutely.

How many of them were "superprocessors" on the football IQ scale though? 😉

Really though. It is enormously concerning that someone with a limited arm who was praised over and over and over for his ability to process plays had such a disastrous season as a passer and had a game where he threw not one but two pick sixes to the same defender.

The only game we truly have to hang our hats on (I don't count the Texans win because we absolutely labored to score 15 points even Kyle Allen put up better passing outings come on) is the Green Bay game and their defense is hot garbage (we are applying the same standards that we did for Andy Dalton's lone start when all anyone wanted to talk about was how bad their secondary was). We have to be consistent.

Beyond that. What did any of those QB's truly bring on the leadership front? Zach Wilson Mac Jones and let's even tie in Sam Darnold on this are a couple of jabronis.

How many of them were repeatedly lauded for having the leadership of Peyton Manning? None right? So why do we need to make excuses and convince ourselves one or two throwing sessions in 12 months from our top pick is just gravy?

Expect more!

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Beyond that. What did any of those QB's truly bring on the leadership front? Zach Wilson Mac Jones and let's even tie in Sam Darnold on this are a couple of jabronis.

How many of them were repeatedly lauded for having the leadership of Peyton Manning? None right? So why do we need to make excuses and convince ourselves one or two throwing sessions in 12 months from our top pick is just gravy?

clearly people not prioritizing medicals on these QBs.  I mean, there was no evidence those dudes had it and yet no one took a look to confirm it.  All it takes is a quick look. 

Three dogs! | Got That Dog In Him | Know Your Meme

• The D 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

This just proves how foolish it is to trade up for a QB.

BTW "the chosen one" Trevor Lawrence has been rather bad too, jags honestly need to start looking for better options. 

Right now for only 4th, 6th, and swap of 7s an NFL team could have Fields, lance, and Wilson as their QB room. Plus all would be under cheap rookie deals without the SB.

Just insane to think about that in 2021...

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

This just proves how foolish it is to trade up for a QB.

BTW "the chosen one" Trevor Lawrence has been rather bad too, jags honestly need to start looking for better options. 

Right now for only 4th, 6th, and swap of 7s an NFL team could have Fields, lance, and Wilson as their QB room. Plus all would be under cheap rookie deals without the SB.

Just insane to think about that in 2021...

He has won a road playoff game and was down 27.  The kid is going to be just fine

• Beer 1