• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Roar Podcast with John Ellis is back

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

...I think we can all probably agree Bryce is not going to ever be a super elite guy.

And it's a damned shame...all that capital we spent...

The life of a Panthers fan since Tepper has taken over...

Punting Happy Birthday GIF by gifnews

• Beer 2

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean we can't really discuss WR's or Centers or whatever without mentioning the QB situation. Not sure what the optimists are grasping at. He was incognito all offseason except for a couple celebrity camp/youth camp appearances. Thielen was in the weight room every time they put out any footage inside the building. I think being the number 1 pick and QB1 comes with more weight than just showing up a day before voluntary workouts, no pun intended. If Cam had done the bare minimum imagine how much he would have been killed on here

Exactly my thoughts and I completely agree.

All of this comes with the territory of being a top pick. It's a heavy responsibility. I can only speak for myself but I just want what is best for my football team. And that means Bryce Young being the best that he can be.

I believe the majority of fans expressing concerns over this do want Bryce Young to ultimately prove himself worthy of the pick. No one except a few trolls wants that trade to go down as our worst ever and one of the worst in league history.

But just as you so eloquently laid it out. Bryce Young has to want it. Not only does he have to want it. He is going to have to go above and beyond and even more than that given his very bad (regardless of extenuating circumstances) rookie season and the fact he is physically limited. Not even attempting to pickup any weights (the only conclusion we can make here) when accounting for the full picture of the situation is a bewildering lack of awareness and the only conclusion I can make is he does not see that any major changes need to be made or that anything is "wrong". People can rationalize it any way they like but to me that does not sound like the mark of a champion. Not what you want from a first overall pick.

Again though. We're just hoping for the best here. That's all we've got as Panthers fans.

• Beer 2

16 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

A friend on my facebook posted a video from a basketball gym yesterday and Bryce Young was there getting games in on the bball court. The dude doesnt look any different than he did last year.

Neither will his on field play most likely 

18 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the truth is that most young QB's struggle in tough situations like Bryce was in. Only the truly elite don't. Which, I think we can all probably agree Bryce is not going to ever be a super elite guy.

i really hope he proves us all wrong.

would be nice not to have to worry about that for a while.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

It could just mean bubble screens and immediate tackles 

I am sure those will be elements. 

OT a little but I went looking for some vid of his pro day, they have chopped up a lot of them withj different camera sources and angles and I did not find the one I used last year, didn’t have time to hunt it down. I forget right now why I was doing it. Some claim someone made probably and I wanted to see for myself. Okay I remember, it was Snow saying 55 yards I think. I never got to that.

But I did see something I missed before which was on his pro day Young simulated being under center, turning his back to the “defense” and feigning a hand off along the way. I saw numerous examples one after the other. 

I am not sure what the point of doing it that way was but I think it was total window dressing meant to dispel some knocks. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, strato said:

I am sure those will be elements. 

OT a little but I went looking for some vid of his pro day, they have chopped up a lot of them withj different camera sources and angles and I did not find the one I used last year, didn’t have time to hunt it down. I forget right now why I was doing it. Some claim someone made probably and I wanted to see for myself. Okay I remember, it was Snow saying 55 yards I think. I never got to that.

But I did see something I missed before which was on his pro day Young simulated being under center, turning his back to the “defense” and feigning a hand off along the way. I saw numerous examples one after the other. 

I am not sure what the point of doing it that way was but I think it was total window dressing meant to dispel some knocks. 

Well he only took 7 snaps under center his last two years at Alabama so...Not sure how it helps doing that at a Pro Day unless you stick 10 6'5" guys in his face and ask him to step up into the pocket

• Beer 1

Probably a decision made by his agent, for optics. Like the optics of bloat subbing for legit muscle at the combine. 

They know a lot of these teams are stupid when they are smitten with a prospect. Like a lonely guy that thinks he has found a girl that would take him. 

ediyt: 7 snaps. They had him under there a little after Reich was canned.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, strato said:

Probably a decision made by his agent, for optics. Like the optics of bloat subbing for legit muscle at the combine. 

They know a lot of these teams are stupid when they are smitten with a prospect. Like a lonely guy that thinks he has found a girl that would take him. 

ediyt: 7 snaps. They had him under there a little after Reich was canned.

It's kinda like getting catfished by the huge combine hoodie and the new 2" afro lol. 

• Beer 1

Well, I’m hoping there is a real drop, plant and throw mixed in there. I’m seriously curious to see what they are going with in that 2.7 and under plan. 

Edited by strato

23 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The fact that his horrible mechanics were not taking into consideration during the pre draft process is still one of the most dumfounded things to me. I stand by the narrative that the team was forced to pick Young under media pressure over doing their own thorough evaluations. Even Qbs this year are getting layers peeled back far more than Young was and they are better prospects for the NFL. The poo doesnt make any sense and the panthers had to be ass clowns to fall for it.

Yeah, if we go pre draft, I agree 100%.  But if you are really looking at mechanics when the WRs were not running good routes and getting separation, the system was not for Bryce, no decent TE, always playing from behind (DL and LBs tee off), a terrible OL, RBs averaging under 4 yards per carry, and the play calling was described by some announcers as "predictable,"  Bryce may have had the worse situation ever.  Yes, these circumstances would have definitely put the mechanical issues under the microscope.

Now think about his high school to Bama years.  He was always in the lead, always had the better OL, always had a good D, always had elite WRs.  We saw him in the best case scenario and his mechanical issues were not issues then--We saw him in a perfect scenario.  I mean, how many games per year does Bama have a legit chance of losing?  3 or 4? 

On 4/19/2024 at 8:00 PM, CPF4LIFE said:

A friend on my facebook posted a video from a basketball gym yesterday and Bryce Young was there getting games in on the bball court. The dude doesnt look any different than he did last year.

Well, does he have game?

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Yeah, if we go pre draft, I agree 100%.  But if you are really looking at mechanics when the WRs were not running good routes and getting separation, the system was not for Bryce, no decent TE, always playing from behind (DL and LBs tee off), a terrible OL, RBs averaging under 4 yards per carry, and the play calling was described by some announcers as "predictable,"  Bryce may have had the worse situation ever.  Yes, these circumstances would have definitely put the mechanical issues under the microscope.

Now think about his high school to Bama years.  He was always in the lead, always had the better OL, always had a good D, always had elite WRs.  We saw him in the best case scenario and his mechanical issues were not issues then--We saw him in a perfect scenario.  I mean, how many games per year does Bama have a legit chance of losing?  3 or 4? 

I I read that right it is the most thorough and comprehensive excuse package ever offered up for a Quarterback.  Sounds like the Princess and the Pea. Only the best will do for Bryce! Absolutely, the team has let him down. It is so unfair. 

I guess we should be thankful for things that could have been blamed, but were not; Misogyny, which definitely should be on the table here. And of course Racism. I don’'t understand the omission. Maybe that’s a supply chain issue? You would think they would learn to order extra. Ands it seems like there would really have to be some type of phobia involved, out of the usual list of suspects. How can we not have phobias represented in this day and age?
Maybe the coaches have a phobia against TEs? Yeah.... Could happen!

They really just shouldn’t let him take the field until there are players on the roster worthy of stepping on the same field with him.