• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young ready to get back to work, grow as a leader

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Cam Newton spent his first NFL offseason basically living at BOA.    

I thought he went back to college? edit: yes it Has been a long time, memory may not be reliable.

Edited by strato

3 minutes ago, strato said:

I thought he went back to college? edit: yes it Has been a long time, memory may not be reliable.

you can pull the news articles that talked about Cam Newton being fixture at BOA and in the film room going into year 2 because he knew life gets a lot harder in year 2.  He was fixated on trying to avoid the sophomore slump and correction the league makes after they got a year of film on you.  Sadly, it didn't work out but he was at least aware of what was coming in year 2. 

Cam might of done some things besides football in his offseason....but football was very much apart of it.   I mean, most big time QBs aren't taking the offseason off entirely from football and unplugging from it.   

Oh yeah, the fluff. I’ll take your word for it. I would always be glad to hear this about our top pick.

So what year did he go (back) get his degree? Do you remember? 

Edited by strato

4 minutes ago, strato said:

Oh yeah, the fluff. I’ll take your word for it. I would always be glad to hear this about our top pick.

So what year did he go (back) get his degree? Do you remember? 

we live in a world of too much info and access.  Just tell me he gained 20 pounds of muscle and has been working hard on footwork, film, and throwing to WRs.   Lie to me, Bryce. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

Hmm. Under C, standard QB 5 step drop. I think 5. 

That is something I was curious about.

if Canales plan is to insert Bryce into what he did last year in Tampa....I just feel bad for Bryce.  That's Carolina killing a career with the Frank and then Canales move.  That's not going to be on Bryce.  He will end up being another example of a franchise killing any chance a kid had. 

If you hold the opinion that he was never worthy of that level of investment, which I do... It would be more like they made a terrible error in judgement and are doing their best to hide it.

What career was PJ Washington guaranteed? How much better is Bryce? He doesn’t measure up to what people expect out of him and I fault the people having the inflated expectations far more than I fault Bryce for being who he is. He’ll probably be a fine College Gameday addition. He is not what the Teppers and Fitterer thought he was. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

we live in a world of too much info and access.  Just tell me he gained 20 pounds of muscle and has been working hard on footwork, film, and throwing to WRs.   Lie to me, Bryce. 

Don't need lies on top of the bullshit we are told. At least I don’t. Show me don’t tell me. 

I don’t expect the offseason to give individual progress reports but just something telling me you are conscious of the need to improve and show me your work ethic. That would be welcomed. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

it's not being positive just to be positive. it's looking for reasons to be positive because i hate feeling like crap about the team. until this iteration of the panthers proves otherwise, i choose to believe that they can figure out a way to not suck and actually be fun to watch again.

and superfan...lol. i'm just a guy that always tries to look for the good. 

You need to respect other fan’s right to be pessimistic about this team too. 

Last year before the season, you told me to “just leave and stop being a fan” because I told everyone the season was going to be terrible. And it was actually WORSE than I predicted. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

if Canales plan is to insert Bryce into what he did last year in Tampa....I just feel bad for Bryce.  That's Carolina killing a career with the Frank and then Canales move.  That's not going to be on Bryce.  He will end up being another example of a franchise killing any chance a kid had. 

He is going to have to play under center some to open up the playbook. Throw in some PA and rollouts and I’m all for it. 

• Beer 1