• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anyone ever played against a pro or future pro?

Brokenbad

I personally didn't play against anyone notable.

My brother walked on at Carolina in the late 70's (Dick Crum HC) He was a sophmore and Lawrence Taylor was a freshman. His claim to fame is he and Taylor knocked each other out in practice once. (I know it wasn't HS but LT wasn't just some player.. He's a HOFer)

I have a co-worker that played again Dante Rosario. Rosario played running backand LBer. Big running back but wasn't too hard to bring down they just went for his legs. Said he was a beast on defense.

i played with Andre Woodson. WAs backup for Eli Manning on the Giants also played against a running back that used to be with the Baltimore RAvens i cant remember his name i dont think hes in the NFL anymore but he was a stud for Kentucky Wildcats

I've played against DeMario Pressley (saints / dudley hs), Toney Baker (nc state / ragsdale hs), Jerome Simpson (bengals / reidsville hs) Brandon Spikes (crest hs / Florida) and Greg Little (north carolina / durham hillside). Cory Dowless OL @ ECU and Scott Riddle QB @ Elon were on the team.

Back in High School in 1983, I played against Former Panther WR Mark Carrier in a Basketball Tournament. You may not know this, but Carrier was a 3 sport star back in high school and was All-State in Basketball and averaged about 25 pts/game his Senior year.

I vividly remember that game. He was all over the court. His Church Point team was in a higher classification than our small school team. We hung tough most of the game, but they pulled away late.

My claim to fame with Carrier was when I had what I thought was a clean, open shot from about 20 feet along the baseline. Just as I was releasing the ball, Carrier comes out of nowhere and swats the ball about 10 rows into the stands. I was thinking, "Damn! Where the f**k did he come from?!" He was a freak of an athlete back then.

In high school, Chad Tracy hit the longest home run off of me that I have ever seen. I dont think it has landed yet...and that was like 10 years ago. He is also married to a chick I was friends with in high school. Also, this guy who I played with in college plays for the Braves, Wes Timmons...I saw him on the spring training games on TV recently. Theres tons more, but I cant really remember.

Didnt really play against any significant football player.

Played a couple pick-up basketball games against Chris Paul and his brother. He used to come to Winston all the time to hoop at the local parks, and YMCA. I remember going to that game he had against Parkland when he scored 61. Amazing.

Grew up in the same neighborhood as Josh Howard. I never played against him, was too young, but my bro used to play ball against him all the time. Never thought he'd make it to the NBA. The only thing he was good at really, was dunking. lol

Not a pro, but certainly I played against one guy who burned out before he even went to NC State. His backup there was Holt.

Bad decisions by this kid who, was Mr Football and Basketball for NC in 1994, still leave me scratching my head.

Im from Ky so I have played against a few people and had a lot of teammates that are still playing Division 1. I played against Michael Bush of the Raiders he was the Qb at Louisville Male and he was the poo. I also played against Brian Brohm he went to the Packers as there backup qb I think. Keith Tandy was a Freshman my senior yr he broke all of Tim Couch's state passing records and he is now the starting CB for WV. I have played basketball with Greg Buckner who was with the Mavericks and 76ers. In my town we have about 50,000 in population but for sports in Ky we are real passionate about it in general. Especially Basketball cause every team plays for just 1 state championship.

Archived