• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade back from pick #101 to add a fifth rounder?

MHS831

All depends on how far or what you got in return.

trade down 5 spots for an additional 5th-6th rd pic.

trading down 10+ spots for Pennie’s.  No.

if there is a single guy your deadset on at 101.  I’m not picking up the phone.

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If it were me, I would take Tampa at 101. 

Tampa has some serious deficiencies that seem to be mostly footwork related, and he doesn't have the best vertical speed (maybe not enough to handle legit receivers)

2 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

No way, 2 starting caliber corners are on the board, take one!

As stated, Tampa has some serious deficiencies. I don't know whoever else you're referring to. 

At a certain point these late rounders just become like UDFAs. I personally don’t see much value in them. Looking at our draft history we haven’t had a good 5th-7th rounder in 10 years. We actually had a pretty good run of them with Hurney. Hardy, Norman, AJ Klein, Munnerlyn. But yeah the past 10 years we may as well have not even had the picks so I’d just as soon not trade back to add a worthless 5th rounder, and is also the reason I felt the trade up from 33 to 32 for the 5th yr option was so worth it because ultimately swapping a 5th for a 6th rounder seems absolutely meaningless.

1 minute ago, DJ feed me moore said:

Khyree jackson from Oregon.

Dude, the first thing I see from The 33rd Team is:

"Jackson is a tall and long cornerback who has the ball skills to play outside at the next level, but his lack of strength, foot quickness, and effort in run support makes him scheme-specific and not as versatile." 

Here is the full draft profile if interested:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/khyree-jackson-2024-nfl-draft-combine-results-scouting-report-for-oregon-cb/

He has some deficiencies as well. I wouldn't say he's a definitive starter based upon what I'm reading.

I think they can sign Gilmore, and I don’t want to trade up. 

And I’ve done no real vetting of these lower round players, but I think I’d take a shot at trading back a little and seeing if he makes it to us.