• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Ja'Tavion Sanders TE - Pick 101, Round 4

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Brooks doesn't hit the hole like Chuba, I'm taking Chuba when you need that 1 yard since we apparently don't want a true power back

Brooks hits that hole just fine. The guys got some power. There was a few goal line battles that I saw him not be able to get it in, but honestly it was as much because the OL couldn't make any headway as anything and they all got through to him. I think it was games against Bama, Wyoming, and one other (green unis...Baylor?) that I saw it and he was covered by defensive players. I mean they had to have had 6-8 on him and they just swallowed him up.

I saw a lot of between the tackle runs and hed just punch through. Rarely he got taken down by 1 or 2 players. You'd have to gang tackle him. He also rarely went down on first or second contact, either. Guy would just hit and get hit and he'd be pushing and dragging guys.

The best was those moments where he just saw a crease and busted through and go for big yards and he did that a lot. I didn't look at the stats but the guy was just big play after big play.

Also, you saw him dance from time to time, but it was always forward motion. He didn't run backwards or sideways to find openings. It was always forward motion.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

Brooks hits that hole just fine. The guys got some power. There was a few goal line battles that I saw him not be able to get it in, but honestly it was as much because the OL couldn't make any headway as anything and they all got through to him. I think it was games against Bama, Wyoming, and one other (green unis...Baylor?) that I saw it and he was covered by defensive players. I mean they had to have had 6-8 on him and they just swallowed him up.

I saw a lot of between the tackle runs and hed just punch through. Rarely he got taken down by 1 or 2 players. You'd have to gang tackle him. He also rarely went down on first or second contact, either. Guy would just hit and get hit and he'd be pushing and dragging guys.

The best was those moments where he just saw a crease and busted through and go for big yards and he did that a lot. I didn't look at the stats but the guy was just big play after big play.

Also, you saw him dance from time to time, but it was always forward motion. He didn't run backwards or sideways to find openings. It was always forward motion.

Nah he’s a weaver not a pounder. He can make guys miss and break arm tackles but he doesn’t push anyone back. The panthers still don’t have a short yardage back on the roster 

26 minutes ago, RJK said:

Nah he’s a weaver not a pounder. He can make guys miss and break arm tackles but he doesn’t push anyone back. The panthers still don’t have a short yardage back on the roster 

He can and does do both. It's not often, but he did it in almost every game I saw.

• Pie 1