• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Who would you have picked

SOJA

with all the negativity right now, I think a fun exercise would be to see if you were GM who would you have picked. It's too complicated to go back through all the trades so let's just pretend those are set in stone. Here's how I would have done it:

This will be fun to bump in a year when I am completely wrong about all of this. 

FWIW this is not a complaining thread it's more of an exercise to show that for all of you negativity it's actually really hard to nail drafts in real time. 

32- Ladd

46- AD Mitchell

72- Christian Haynes

101- Theo Johnson

157- Caelen Carson

200- Cedric Johnson

240- Beau Brade

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

26 minutes ago, SOJA said:

with all the negativity right now, I think a fun exercise would be to see if you were GM who would you have picked. It's too complicated to go back through all the trades so let's just pretend those are set in stone. Here's how I would have done it:

This will be fun to bump in a year when I am completely wrong about all of this. 

FWIW this is not a complaining thread it's more of an exercise to show that for all of you negativity it's actually really hard to nail drafts in real time. 

32- Ladd

46- AD Mitchell

72- Christian Haynes

101- Theo Johnson

157- Caelen Carson

200- Cedric Johnson

240- Beau Brade

Hard to do because now we know where everyone went (I would have grabbed Sanders at 72 if I didn't know he'd be there at 101)

32 - Ladd

46 - Sainristill

72 - Sanders

101 - Troy Franklin

157 - Hunter Nourzad

200 - Crumdey 

240 - whoever BPA is, I don't know players this late

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Hard to do because now we know where everyone went (I would have grabbed Sanders at 72 if I didn't know he'd be there at 101)

32 - Ladd

46 - Sainristill

72 - Sanders

101 - Troy Franklin

157 - Hunter Nourzad

200 - Crumdey 

240 - whoever BPA is, I don't know players this late

that's fair and that's my point, this is actually pretty hard to do in real time! It's easy for people to be negative of the GMs in hindsight but when you actually go through the process yourself it gets much harder 

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

that's fair and that's my point, this is actually pretty hard to do in real time! It's easy for people to be negative of the GMs in hindsight but when you actually go through the process yourself it gets much harder 

yeah honestly I may have taken Franklin at 72 anyway so just flip flop him with Sanders

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

yeah honestly I may have taken Franklin at 72 anyway so just flip flop him with Sanders

very fair and would have been a good choice with your draft 

5 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I’m curious to this one? Wilson medical was a giant red flag bomb. Dude is completely missing an acl

I hadn't read that. I probably would still pick him at 72.  This does make the Wallace pick make more sense

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Here is an article. Link

Yea he played on it all season without missing any time, I would have taken a chance on him in the middle of the third.  I can understand tho that Morgan didn't and went Wallace instead