• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New starting FB Fiammetta 'a mile ahead' of where he was last year at this time

scpanther22

basically people are always going to love sutton because the panthers got him for a song and until fiammetta invents a perpetual blowjob machine he's going to be hated because he replaced hoover.

also the huddle is full of children.

Jackson is better suited to our blocking schemes than Fiametta.

Fiammetta seems to have visibly bulked up this year, and that will help him. Part of the problem for him was holding guys up long enough for the backs to get through. I personally blame the combine for players abandoning their playing weight, going for 40 times and reps, and losing their football body.

Even though "by the numbers", he's the same weight now as he was at the combine it wouldn't shock me to learn that he's added 10-15 lbs. of muscle.

No way in hell does sutton get cut, he has looked great in his very limited touches. With suttin and clausen at the helm we're going to have a very fun preseason.

Never say never. His previous roles have been filled and they aren't cutting Goodson.

Sutton was an emergency fullback at best. He's like 5-8 and 215 lbs. You're not going to have a fullback under 230 lbs. You may as well not even use a FB if you're going to put a guy that small there. He's a HB and he's going to be slotted like an HB regardless. Not as some kind of hybrid like Nick Goings.

Plus, the major problem with this guy coming out was his durability. He's the anti Brad Hoover. He was on pace to be great prior to getting hurt in every single year of his college career after his freshman year. Then he ran a 4.75 in the 40 and sealed his fate as UDFA.

So if you want to compare Sutton to guys, then start with guys at his own position. Players like Mike Goodson and Josh Vaughan. Those are the guys he's competing with for a spot on the roster. If anybody from our backfield is going to cross over and convert to FB it's Vaughan. Ideal size for the position, former linebacker, and strong as an ox. Goodson is going to be a player without a position like Reggie Bush. He'll play "get me the ball", and fill in whenever we need him. After double trouble, Sutton is ideally the first guy in line to take the carries.

I am really tired of people saying Sutton was so good at FB last year.

What all of you are remembering is his runs from the FB position, which he did really well at. His blocking however was sub-par at best. I will give it to him that he did not look horrible and he went in and did what was asked of him. However to say that Sutton looked like an All-Pro is silly.

You beat me to it, thanks.

Im really lookin forward to see what Fiammetta can do with the starting role. Not takin anything away from Sutton, but he's not built for the FB position, IMO. But what do I know?

..and teh "Fetta cheese" thing doesnt work. feta cheese is Greek, and this guy is clearly a ***. His name means 'Little flame' in Italian, do with that what you will...

Actually, I thought Sutton blocked pretty darn well when he filled in at FB, especially considering how undersized he is for the position. Having said that, Vagrant is right...Sutton a TB, and he will be competing with the other TB's for a roster spot. I would be shocked if he got cut.

I think the argument that we would cut Goodson before Sutton just because Goodson was drafted is a pretty poor one, considering Fox was perfectly content to let Goodson ride the bench while Sutton saw the field as much as can be expected behind Williams and Stewart.

Fox has been accused of being to loyal to veterans (which Goodson is not, of course), but he's also given rookies the chance when they've proved capable, regardless of when and if they were drafted (see Munnerlyn, Captain).

Archived