• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2008 DE Class Largely A Bunch Of failures

KatsAzz

I think you have to be very careful about small school players, no doubt. But look at players like Rice, Randall, Payton--hall of famers. Heck, you have to be careful drafting big schoolers as well. I mean, in your post, you mention early first round disappointments from Florida, Virginia, and Ohio State. I would disagree with the logic--if you intended this connection--that a guy drafted 200 picks or so later than these you mention is a bust. Here is a question for you and I don't know the answer: If Johnson had been drafted in the first round with the others, would he still be on a roster?

Compare him to Gholston. Both have freakish numbers. In Gholston's defense, I am not sure the system didn't play some role; Johnston has had opportunities in two systems.

I like the point this raises. Players like Jarrett sticks around for three-four years because the team is waiting for him to develop. A player like Kenneth Moore has improved every year and is better than Jarrett right now, but he is more likely to be cut.

I think you have to be very careful about small school players, no doubt. But look at players like Rice, Randall, Payton--hall of famers. Heck, you have to be careful drafting big schoolers as well. I mean, in your post, you mention early first round disappointments from Florida, Virginia, and Ohio State. I would disagree with the logic--if you intended this connection--that a guy drafted 200 picks or so later than these you mention is a bust. Here is a question for you and I don't know the answer: If Johnson had been drafted in the first round with the others, would he still be on a roster?

Compare him to Gholston. Both have freakish numbers. In Gholston's defense, I am not sure the system didn't play some role; Johnston has had opportunities in two systems.

I like the point this raises. Players like Jarrett sticks around for three-four years because the team is waiting for him to develop. A player like Kenneth Moore has improved every year and is better than Jarrett right now, but he is more likely to be cut.

What exactly has Kenneth Moore done to show he is better then Jarrett might I ask....

What has Jarrett done to show he's better then Kenneth Moore?

Dwayne Jarrett: 33 receptions 388 yards 1 TD

Kenneth Moore: 6 receptions 59 yards 0 TD

Moore also has a fumble credited to his name....

Sure neither has done much but to say Moore is better then Jarrett is just laughable....

Then again both could be studs now that we don't have Jake (I just throw to Steve or Moose whether they are covered or not) Delhomme.....

I would also like to see your explanation as to how u came to that conclusion....

I would also like to see your explanation as to how u came to that conclusion....

Thank you! People can call me a USC homer all they want but to say that and look at the stats is just asinine....

I agree, I dont get why soo many people are on the Moore bandwagon, and for some writers to say he has a chance at replace Smitty is just crazy.

Because he is a young home-grown receiver who is not Dwayne Jarrett I would assume.....

Unfortunately for Harvey, it is the Jaguars that have lead to his current failure as a superstar. He will likely pan out and remain a quality player, but never reach the type of statistics for where he was drafted. My Jaguars reached on him because we needed a pass-rusher and we likely could have landed him right where we were originally picking.

What is worse is that despite moving up to get him, which raises the expectations for what the fans want from him, but we also never let him get settled into any sort of rhythm or position. We had him start out as a 4-3 LE, then moved him to RE after a few games. Then we would rotate him during games and at times move him to DT.

We changed defensive coordinators and defensive schemes. Now our coach wants to run a 3-4 and we tried it a bit last year. During the 3-4 they moved Harvey out to OLB, rather than DE. There were also times last season, I would say more than five but less than 10, where they allowed him to play as a corner back in nickle coverage.

We haven't given him a fair shot to succeed and since our secondary is so poor other then Rashean Mathis, most teams know if he gets close they can just throw it up for grabs only to watch my terrible FS Reggie Nelson either whiff on the attempt to catch the ball, or whiff on a tackle.

• 1 month later...

San Diego Chargers #21 LaDainian Tomlinson 50TH Anniversary

San Diego Chargers #21 LaDainian Tomlinson 50TH Anniversary NFL Jerseys .LaDainian Tomlinson San Diego Chargers Name and Number Rugby jerseys, made by Reebok the official authentic on-field producers of NFL apparel and jerseys. Jacob Hester and 21 are printed on the back in authentic font. Officially licensed NFL National Football League.NFL Hologram Sticker Adult Sizing.NFL into AFC and NFC.

http://www.reebokjerseyonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=15_27&products_id=2080

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly.....

Archived