• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tattoorhinos thoughts about today and some pics

tattoorhino

Sounds like a decent day one overall for the panthers. Just the start. These guys will get better as time goes on. Now you see the reason why NFL preseason should not be cut 2 games Mr Goodell. BTW Any word on how good Kenneth Moore look today catching the Ball?:hat:

Hey Rhino, I think you were the guy I was talking to out there today... sorry I didn't put 2 + 2 together.

Here are couple more things I noticed:

- Norwood got totally burned by Jeff King with a double-move during a 1 on 1 passing drill, but to his credit the next time they came out he didn't fall for the double-move again.

- Dan Connor is bigger than I thought, and it was great to see the # 55 patrolling the middle of the field again. He looked good, seemed like he was right in the middle of every play.

- Saw Thomas Davis standing on the sideline watching practice in his practice jersey and a pair of shorts... really felt sorry for the poor guy.

- I believe most if not all of Armanti's PR drops were live kicks, he did much better catching the ball from the jugs machine. Noticed they started out the drill having him catch live punts while Capt. and Witherspoon caught from the jugs machine, took that as a sign of the Panthers intentions...

-Tyrell Sutton made a very impressive catch on a deep ball thrown by Clausen. Clausen seems to have a real knack for throwing a deep ball, more than once he dropped it right on top of his receiver. Like Rhino, I noticed Clausen seemed to struggle with accuracy on short passes, especially crossing routes - everything seemed to be behind the receiver which makes me wonder if he's still adjusting to the speed at this level?

- Goodson made a beautiful jumping catch on a deep ball, just like Rhino said it was the best catch of the day.

- The special teams coach dropped the F-bomb so loud the entire place heard it. It was directed at # 18 (Oliver Young) and went something like: "I JUST F**KING TOLD YOU, KNOW WHERE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE!".

- Was watching Everette Brown closely, especially on running plays when they went 11 on 11, they were not going full speed or full contact but the few plays I saw he was able to fight off the blocks and flow to the ball well.

- As others have said Charly Martin was a pass catching machine today... might be another big sleeper on our roster?

- Charles Godfrey has definitely bulked up during the off-season, he looked thick.

Crossing routes seem to be a problem for him.he struggled with them at ND some times

Archived