• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Standouts, Thus Far...

weyco2000

These are my choices,

1) Kenny Moore - except for the fumble on a great punt return, pretty solid.

2) Jimmy Clausen - At first I hated this pick and couldn't stand him @ ND, but he moves well in the pocket and he really looks like he has passion for the game. Like to see him against a "first"team defense.

3) Brown, Hardy and Eric Moore, all 3 have stepped up and pressured the QB and they finish plays. Hey and they actually play the run also!

4) Eric Norwood - Plays faster than his 40 time would reflect, looks like he wants it.

5) Jordan Pugh - Tough hard-nosed player, who will help ST.

6) Jason Baker - The first game was bad, but he pinned the Jets deep in their end several times with some booming punts.

:thumbsup:

These are my choices,

1) Kenny Moore - except for the fumble on a great punt return, pretty solid.

2) Jimmy Clausen - At first I hated this pick and couldn't stand him @ ND, but he moves well in the pocket and he really looks like he has passion for the game. Like to see him against a "first"team defense.

3) Brown, Hardy and Eric Moore, all 3 have stepped up and pressured the QB and they finish plays. Hey and they actually play the run also!

4) Eric Norwood - Plays faster than his 40 time would reflect, looks like he wants it.

5) Jordan Pugh - Tough hard-nosed player, who will help ST.

6) Jason Baker - The first game was bad, but he pinned the Jets deep in their end several times with some booming punts.

:thumbsup:

1. Let's hope he gets a chance to shine in the regular season.

2. Still holding my breath for the Great Emu on this one. Jury is still out.

3. All good work, but let's add in the rejuvenated Tyler Brayton and strangely enough, Hayden looked better than ever before (took his roller skates off).

4. Looks very good so far.

5. Needs to learn to be aware of where the ball is on punts. AE should have caught it, Pugh should have gotten the heck out of there. He looks better as a safety, and we can always use a good one.

6. Good punts, but he is sometimes booming them past the coverage. Needs more loft, ST guys need more wind sprints.

7. And Dexter Jackson is looking better than expected. (Wasn't expecting much, but still...)

In limited targets, I've been impressed with what David Gettis has done with the ball. Not sure why the guy is not getting more of a shot.

Yeah, I've seen him make some good plays too. Seems like every year there is always that one guy who is on the 3rd team that looks good but never gets elevated or even talked about.

I think all the D-Line, the ends have gotten the sacks, but the push in the middle has helped them. Add Johnson/Tank/Leonard/Landri and even freakn Hayden.

-We need a new backup center, Bernadeau is having problems there

And Jordan Gross, my God he looks awful! As much as I like him #10 (don't wanna mention his name) looks scared :eek:

1. Let's hope he gets a chance to shine in the regular season.

2. Still holding my breath for the Great Emu on this one. Jury is still out.

3. All good work, but let's add in the rejuvenated Tyler Brayton and strangely enough, Hayden looked better than ever before (took his roller skates off).

4. Looks very good so far.

5. Needs to learn to be aware of where the ball is on punts. AE should have caught it, Pugh should have gotten the heck out of there. He looks better as a safety, and we can always use a good one.

6. Good punts, but he is sometimes booming them past the coverage. Needs more loft, ST guys need more wind sprints.

7. And Dexter Jackson is looking better than expected. (Wasn't expecting much, but still...)

AE, not only should have caught it, he has to yell for his blockers to clear out.

Next game, should clear up a lot of questions. As the starters play at least a half. I think the writing is on the wall for Cantwell.

We need to throw Fiametta in there as well

Yeah, Fiammetta has been a beast. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in the regular season, straight up pwning defenses.

How about Dan Connor, he's looked pretty good so far in the middle... at least on running plays. His first game out he looked a little bit overwhelmed, but he slowed it down last weekend, and I expect him to have a nice outing this Saturday as well. Our entire defense has looked really good though so far. Baring any injuries, #1 defense in the league come January.

Archived