• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Gantt article...Pep wants to play OLB in a 3-4 defense

smitzzz24

Peppers hasn't shown me the nonstop motor other 3-4 OLBs have. He is a 6-7 dude, he will lose advantage of leverage when he stands up and doesn't have an arsenal of moves.

Yes he is 6'7". Yes he is fast. Yes he has a 38" vertical. We're not talking about a statue here. We're talking about a man who is more athletic than most who are smaller. The motor...now that's arguable.

many times i wish people success when they move on but i can't do it in this instance.

i want him to fail.

i am bitter and will be so.

i take this as a slap on the face and a kick to the balls.

i hope we franchise him and screw some team out of a lot of good picks.

:cryin:

:smilielol5:

Good for Pep, speak out against those tools for coaches.

Lame scheme, lame defense, lame coaches are to blame.

GL Peppers, have fun on your way to the HOF.

All of my posts, although very few, on this board have been wanting to go to a 3-4 system. Get rid of Trgo and bring in Suggs or Scott from Baltimore and go to the 3-4. You either poo or get off the pot. Quit playing around with it by moving Pep around and go to it. With or without him!!!

:cryin:

:smilielol5:

Good for Pep, speak out against those tools for coaches.

Lame scheme, lame defense, lame coaches are to blame.

GL Peppers, have fun on your way to the HOF.

shut up.

if he goes i'm not a fan of his anymore. he's the enemy.

i'm a carolina panther fan. i don't want our team to get slapped like that. i do think that his wanting to leave is an indictment of how bad our system is but i wish he'd find a way that was less painful for the team to make that statement.

changes need to be made but not one like that. fox/hurney should have gotten rid of trgo a long time ago. if they can't get rid of him soon then they need to go.

i have no problem saying that. trgo is a problem....a fox/hurney problem. if they can't fix that problem then they become the problem.

peppers to the HoF...no way am i going to want this now. i want him to suck where ever it is he lands. i don't wish him the best. i only wish the panthers the best.

Does anyone else remember the 3-4 looks that Carolina was tinkering with in the 2007 preseason? If the man turly wants to play some 3-4, perhaps that's why he looked so unmotivated... he was told they would try it and never really did.

I personally do not feel that Carolina is equipped to run the 3-4, but I know I would be a bit irritated if something like that happened to me. However, he is still a professional and (if that was the case) should have handled it in a more professional manner.

i think it wouldn't take too much to turn to a 3-4, if we had peppers.

maake is the prototypical NT.

i just don't think that it would take a whole lot to make that adjustment. if we are going to be rebuilding anyway...why not?

i don't care wither way at this point, though. i just want our defense better than it has been the past few years.

i don't want teams to score 30+ points on us. i want us to stop giving up 25+ points in a half.

whatever it takes to make that stop we need to do it. i don't care who we have coaching or playing on the defense. it just needs to stop.

I wonder how much of a pay cut he will take to pllay an outside linebacker in a 3-4. Will someone make him the highest paid linebacker in the league when he has not played the position ever. Will a team pay more for Pep than the Cowboys will pay for Ware who had 20 sacks.

It better not be all about the money because he will play for about 1/2 of what he will get franchised for by us next year. WIll anyone think he is worth 12-14 million a year to play ourside linebacker?

many times i wish people success when they move on but i can't do it in this instance.

i want him to fail.

i am bitter and will be so.

i take this as a slap on the face and a kick to the balls.

i hope we franchise him and screw some team out of a lot of good picks.

I agree. What the Hell is Peppers thinking!? HE DOESNT GET TO CHOSE WHO GETS HIM!! WE HOLD HIS RIGHTS!

If he wants to go to an NFC team that is a bitter rival like Dallas or ATL his price tag to those teams will be 40% higher than to other teams (or not on the table)!!

I mean Detroit has 2 1st round picks - they are in the running! Would that be the elite he is looking for?

Peppers doesn't get to pick and decide what team signs his rights from the Panthers. The Panthers do. Him doing this and saying FU*K you with a smile on his face, is only going to screw him in the end.

Pep will get the money but he is NOT guaranteed to get the Elite, 3-4, big city, larger respect that he is looking for because it is not in his controll!

And if he puts his tail between his legs when our owner asks him to be a leader, then think is he "doesnt show up" for 3 Dallas games in a row?

What a B!tch.

The only GUARANTEE he has to be Elite and stand on a pedestal while otw to a HoF career was to stay in Carolina. Instead he politely says we suck and are holding HIM back and WE are in the drivers seat to send him ANYWHERE in the league.

I hope Hurney sends him to Oakland for a 7thround pick just to kindly say Fu*k you right back.

(though i honestly do want to squeeze him for all he is worth)

Dumb move peppers. You wait 7 years and in the final one you act like a pre madonna. One more and your bulk of your legacy would be in place. I thought you were too stupid to burn bridges. You proved me wrong.

I knew it...i been saying for years that trgo has been wasting peppers talent and that there is no reason that in a 3-4 peppers couldnt break the sack record..he is clearly more talented that ware or harrison

Then he should have come out in the draft as a LB. but he wanted the $$ and took it happily for yeeaarrrsssss.

shut up.

if he goes i'm not a fan of his anymore. he's the enemy.

i'm a carolina panther fan. i don't want our team to get slapped like that. i do think that his wanting to leave is an indictment of how bad our system is but i wish he'd find a way that was less painful for the team to make that statement.

changes need to be made but not one like that. fox/hurney should have gotten rid of trgo a long time ago. if they can't get rid of him soon then they need to go.

i have no problem saying that. trgo is a problem....a fox/hurney problem. if they can't fix that problem then they become the problem.

peppers to the HoF...no way am i going to want this now. i want him to suck where ever it is he lands. i don't wish him the best. i only wish the panthers the best.

Fox is the problem, Turd is just an extension of Fox.

Some of us are tired of seeing Elite or potentially elite players being held back by our crappy coaches.

(and it is obvious they are too now)

If you only wished the panthers the best, then there is no way you could be for Jake,Turd, or Fox.

If you didn't want our team to get slapped like that, you should have told Jake to hold onto the damn ball in our playoff game, that is a way bigger slap.

Also Turd holding onto his job this long into the off season is an even bigger slap than that.

You just want to hate now just to hate, so w/e.

You know you have players you like on other teams.

It's not like you can't be a panthers fan if you enjoy watching other players in the league.

If you choose to not like peppers w/e that's fine, but your just doing it because he left our shitty situation and your bitter.

Be bitter, no one cares.

Then he should have come out in the draft as a LB. but he wanted the $$ and took it happily for yeeaarrrsssss.

you don't come out of the draft and declare what position you're going to play, especially with the DE-OLB position.

you're drafted by a team that thinks they can use you.

shut up.

Archived