• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Love for Godfrey on NFLN

Jackofalltrades

You must be right - if someone disagrees, they must not bother watching games...

I don't really agree on this, because Godfrey has getting praised heaped on him by a ton of people, and I haven't seen him make all the mistakes people say he does.

EDIT: THIS season, that is. Also, it sometimes looks like safeties make mistakes when it is other players, too. Godfrey is by no means perfect and I would not want 22 of him playing, but yeah. I think he has improved nicely.

week 1 and week 2. Go back and watch all the big plays in the opponents passing games.

Not sure how he has shown improvment. He does the same thing well this year he did last year. does the same bad things this year he did last year. I'd love to hear or someone point out examples of him showing he has a clue this year in coverage.

Godfrey admitted he didn't play well. The first interception, he was 5 feet behind the receiver and the ball was tipped into his hands. The second one was tipped as well I believe. Overall he got abused in that game.

Not that he was the only one that played poorly.

his pick last week also was just a horrific throw by Palmer. Owens had blown past him. Palmer pulled a Jake missed an opportunity.

Godfrey never can be where he is suppose to be in coverage. Which is a shame b/c he looks to have some of the better hands in the secondary and always makes the most of his chances when a ball is near him. Unfortunately, we have to hope for the opponent to just give him gifts to capitalize on.

I would never want 22 of the same player. Even Beason.

They would all have the same weaknesses and wouldn't have different qualities to cover for each others weaknesses.

Godfrey is starting to look a little better but he is relying to much on his quick legs and not enough on reading the play and being in the best position to break it up. Also he has been late getting into the coverage gaps on critical third down plays.

his pick last week also was just a horrific throw by Palmer. Owens had blown past him. Palmer pulled a Jake missed an opportunity.

Godfrey never can be where he is suppose to be in coverage. Which is a shame b/c he looks to have some of the better hands in the secondary and always makes the most of his chances when a ball is near him. Unfortunately, we have to hope for the opponent to just give him gifts to capitalize on.

I always think it's funny when a bunch of women start howling after a replay that a receiver "was so freakin open!" because the safety had started running towards where the ball was being thrown leaving their over cover free.

Just thought of that for some reason.

I always think it's funny when a bunch of women start howling after a replay that a receiver "was so freakin open!" because the safety had started running towards where the ball was being thrown leaving their over cover free.

Just thought of that for some reason.

thankfully, you can actually watch this play on NFL.com. Owens got behind the secondary. Palmer pulled a Jake.

funny how people go to such great lengths to defend Godfrey and his garbage play in coverage......it has been garbage for going on 3 seasons now.

I think about how people are always saying.....

Godfrey is good.

Fox doesn't play Jarrett therefore the only conclusion is he is retarded. I guess Martin was retarded last season as well and that is why he went back to the bench when Fox wasn't forced to play him.

Fox doesn't handicap the offense and is a good coach. Davidson is calling the shots.

Jimmy Clausen will dink and dunk and somehow that is going to open up things.

I just ain't buying what this board is selling.

Nevermind the fact that Godfrey tore sh*t up last game and is one of our better defensive players, the fact that he's leading the league in interceptions, the fact that he's one of the best athletes on the team, or the fact that he's been 1/4 of one of the best pass defenses in the NFL for the past couple seasons now...Dude got lucky on tips, he sucks. Cut his ass, start Pugh.

I think I've come to the conclusion that Godfrey will always be an inconsistent playmaker. That's why you will always have guys fapping to him like in the Bucs game or want him benched like in the Giants game. I don't buy this BS that he is such a great player already.

thankfully, you can actually watch this play on NFL.com. Owens got behind the secondary. Palmer pulled a Jake.

funny how people go to such great lengths to defend Godfrey and his garbage play in coverage......it has been garbage for going on 3 seasons now.

I think about how people are always saying.....

Godfrey is good.

Fox doesn't play Jarrett therefore the only conclusion is he is retarded. I guess Martin was retarded last season as well and that is why he went back to the bench when Fox wasn't forced to play him.

Fox doesn't handicap the offense and is a good coach. Davidson is calling the shots.

Jimmy Clausen will dink and dunk and somehow that is going to open up things.

I just ain't buying what this board is selling.

Versus the bullshit that you sell?

Even suggesting that fox, I a defense guy, is calling the shot on offense is a cry of desperation. Grasping for straws. I don't care whether people think he's a good coach or not, but trying to sell that ignorance only goes to others who are also grasping at straws.

Has godfrey made mistakes, our entire fuging team is making mistakes. That doesn't mean godfrey isn't a good player, that IS making plays, despite all the hate for the guy.

Archived