• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Article Written About Failure of John Fox and Coaching Staff

Seltzer

To be fair, it's a fallacy to think you can't get good assistants from bad teams.

Not defending the guys we've picked, mind you. Just pointing out that not every coach on a bad team is necessarily a bad coach.

I am not saying you CAN'T find good coachs on bad teams, but dont get all of your coaches from bad teams/units.

I dont think Google or Facebook goes to godaddy.com for talent. Unless they want Danica to look at.

To be fair, it's a fallacy to think you can't get good assistants from bad teams.

Not defending the guys we've picked, mind you. Just pointing out that not every coach on a bad team is necessarily a bad coach.

when your hiring pool is limited to bad teams it can have an impact.

when your hiring pool is limited to bad teams it can have an impact.

Granted, but then time has shown us you can't judge a player by the team he comes from either.

(Bridges, Nutcracker, etc)

I'm like you in that I believe the Panthers situation next year will be a lot more attractive for potential coaches than many think.

The reality is that of course it is hard to motivate players when coaches are lame duck guys and everyone knows they aren't going to be here next year.

These same coaches however were here when we were 12-4 as well. I bet they aren't as motivated, who would be if you knew you were gone in 3 months no matter what you did?

Truth is that what changed from last year to this is the dumping of all the veterans. It goes to show that talent alone is not enough to win in this league.

I am fine with cleaning house this year but honestly if Fox wins 6 or 7 games this year he would be a candidate for coach of the year. That isn't going to happen but there is alot more than the coaches that is wrong with this team. Changing coaches at the bye week would have done nothing.

As for the article, unless you name sources it is a hack jab by a guy with little or no experience outside of that website. Anyone can come on and throw a bunch of stuff on the wall to see what sticks. Some of the posts on here are better than that article.

Ouch!

Who did Moore play against the next week after his concussion? Looks like that would be who this NFL Exec belongs to.

-----------

One glaring example of the Panthers staff's questionable decision-making this season was the way they handled QB Matt Moore's concussion early in the season.

"They cleared him so he could play," said the NFL exec. "If you look back, he was the only quarterback of the group (who have suffered concussions leaguewide this season) to play the next week. I was shocked he was out there. If you overload gaps, they didn't even have hot calls when we played them. I don't know what happened.

Belichick was known as a failure when he coached the Browns
it's not like he went straight from the browns to the pats HC job, though.

he resigned after the browns moved to baltimore and became the ravens. a year before he left he got the browns a playoff win. from the browns he went to new england as the asst. head coach and the secondary coach for a year and then he went to the jets as asst head coach and def. backs coach for a couple years. then he got the job as HC of the pats.

anyway, we need to quit looking at exceptions to the rule as a charted course of action. belicheck was lightning in a bottle. you don't catch that too often.

we had been looking at the QB situation the same way..."brady was a 6th round pick and warner wasn't even drafted and look at their success." those were flukes. that isn't a model that you want to try and follow.

if you want to be the best, you have to try and surround yourself with the best and trust them to do their job. fox hasn't been able to do that.

The reality is that of course it is hard to motivate players when coaches are lame duck guys and everyone knows they aren't going to be here next year.

These same coaches however were here when we were 12-4 as well. I bet they aren't as motivated, who would be if you knew you were gone in 3 months no matter what you did?

Truth is that what changed from last year to this is the dumping of all the veterans. It goes to show that talent alone is not enough to win in this league.

I am fine with cleaning house this year but honestly if Fox wins 6 or 7 games this year he would be a candidate for coach of the year. That isn't going to happen but there is alot more than the coaches that is wrong with this team. Changing coaches at the bye week would have done nothing.

As for the article, unless you name sources it is a hack jab by a guy with little or no experience outside of that website. Anyone can come on and throw a bunch of stuff on the wall to see what sticks. Some of the posts on here are better than that article.

:rolleyes:

P55> Unnamed:eek: NFL Exec whose team has played the Panthers this year

:rolleyes:

why would he name his sources??

I thought it was a good read.I bet you would too if he said Matt Moore is the answer:D

Really that summed up our team. Our local media is silenced by Richardson so they could not write something like this but all that was said is true. We have all said it on here also. This team has been effected by a incompetent coaching staff for almost 6 years now. I think this is one reason Richardson did what he did this year. Its was mostly about money but if you really want to know if your coaching staff is up to snuff give them a young team and watch what happens. Thats widely know from Highschool to the pros.

I sympathize with an upset fan base, but disagree with the blame.

The Big Cat made an executive decision to exploit the absence of a salary cap for the purpose of eliminating all undesirable contracts. We did that more effectively than any other team in the NFL. Consider it a huge financial advantage, at least on paper.

Obviously, that means we lost several drafts of veteran talent, and are now losing games because of it.

But at some point, the bleeding is going to stop. We will make adjustments, those will take someone by surprise, and eventually we will win some games this year, but don't expect many. PSL owners are the ones who should be pissed, because 2010 will have been little more than an extended preseason. Anyone with two sticks to rub together could figure out that we weren't going to compete seriously, unless we just got lucky.

There is always someone to point the finger at, but I wouldn't bother. All bets are off in this weird year. We are the team least friendly to the player's union. What impact did you THINK that would have????

Granted, but then time has shown us you can't judge a player by the team he comes from either.

(Bridges, Nutcracker, etc)

I'm like you in that I believe the Panthers situation next year will be a lot more attractive for potential coaches than many think.

grabbing just one OL guy from the cards and one DE from the raiders is ok. if we were to keep going back to those failed situations and keep taking "talent" from them i don't think it would have worked out so well.

fox (and/or hurney) has limited his scope of coaching talent to some bad teams on the offense. on the defense we got our DL coach from the rams.

i've made excuses for them in the past but i am well past that now.

Archived