• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade the number one overall pick?

Brokenbad

I wouldn't be mad either way. Its a gamble wether they do it or not. Lets just hope there is a QB available at the 1st or 2nd round if we do. Granted Clausen makes major improvements this year. Also the #1 or #2 pick may be worth more than just a 2nd so thats something to consider.

we don't need to waste the pick on a QB. we should get a veteran to help clausen not draft yet another rookie.

i don't think we should trade it unless we can stay in the top 10 but my preference would be to take the #1 OT or DT. i'd be satisfied with either.

dream pick: Jake Long 2.0

i don't think we should trade it unless we can stay in the top 10 but my preference would be to take the #1 OT or DT. i'd be satisfied with either.

dream pick: Jake Long 2.0

The problem is there is no Jake Long in this draft, especially that early. They are going to have some tough choices to make and I think we are going to reach no matter what.

we are going to reach no matter what.

this. pretty much this.

if clausen or pike doesn't realllly turn it up - and I mean seriously turn it up not just post mediocre numbers - we're going to probably end up with a coach looking for a QB, and even if Luck isn't there we may grab a QB.

Also the #1 or #2 pick may be worth more than just a 2nd so thats something to consider.

Yeah, when we did the Sheli trade with the Vagies, it was his rights for Rivers rights, their 04 3rd, and 05 1st and 5th round picks.

Also if there is a market for that pick, the bounty might become enough to pull the trigger. Arizona worked us against Chicago back in 98 in order to move up to 2 and take Leaf.

if there is a rookie cap in place i imagine that the #1 overall would be pretty tasty for someone wanting to trade up. we could end up getting 3 or 4 decent picks out of it.

i don't really want to stockpile rookies, though. i'd rather use the first or second overall on that pick and then spend spend spend on FA. i wouldn't even mind trading our 3rd rounder away of it meant getting a really good vet WR in here.

i could see trading that early pick away, getting a later 1st rounder and adding a vet or two from another team.

this team is too young and too out of balance. next year balance needs to be brought back. that doesn't mean bringing in a bunch of 30+ year olds, btw. just get guys with 4 or so years of experience to fill in at WR, DT, and OG and maybe a little help in the secondary.

Archived