• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox Doesn't Blame Kasay For Loss. I Sure Do.

chknwing

Boo! to the OP. Kasay has been our most productive "offensive" player this year, which is horribly sad, but true. The man has been nothing but consistent over the years, though he has had his hiccups. I know we all wish we could go back to 2003 and remind him to kick it straight and deep so he doesn't kick out of bounds, but blaming him for losses in games where our offense had the opportunity to put it away themselves is just silly.

PS: Jerry Richardson please retire Kasay's number after he finally leaves. In fact, give him a statue.

WTF. By this logic, you guys are saying teams shouldnt even have a FG kicker and that the rest of the team should just score enough points to win. Sorry I dont agree with Fox excluding Kasay as a reason the team lost. And yes, I am still bitter from his botched kick against New England.

This loss was not Kasay's fault. Neither was the Superbowl loss Kasay's fault. Let it go.

And btw, we lost by 1 point. Was it Kasay's idea to kick an extra point in the 3rd when a 2-point conversion would have tied the game? I doubt it.

i was so annoyed that they didnt go for 2. if there ever was a time, that was it. people say it was "too early" but whatever.

its simple math

All I'm saying is every other team holds their FG kicker accountable for missed FG's especially Game winning FG's. Why should Carolina be any different.

Yep. Every time a kicker on another team misses a field goal, he gets cut automatically regardless of whether there's anyone better available or not.

Heck, some teams go through eight, nine, even ten kickers a season.

Why won't our team make impulsive moves with no thought about consequences?

:rolleyes:

Archived