• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something strange I thought of about our trade for Armanti

Brokenbad

The best picks of the 2010 draft will prove to be Greg Hardy, David Gettis, and Robert McClain. Lafell could sneak into the top three. It is starting to look as though Clausen and Edwards are busts. Don't forget, Hurney supporters, that Everette Brown was our first rounder!

Brown is actually improving his game. While he still likes to spin furiously in place, I think he is actually learning the position and starting to apply pressure. I feel like our DEs are not really our problem right now, and that includes Brown. I think we have a solid base there for years to come. It's DT I'm worried about.

It's too early to say Clausen or Edwards are busts, but it's not too early to say the Edwards pick was too big a risk for the reward. Hurney could turn out to look brilliant but it looks unlikely now.

Even if Clausen is a bust in the long term, I think he was the right pick at the time.

What expectations? That he'll see time on the field? That he'll suit up for more than a single play when he does get out there?

Why not put the guy out there? In both receiver and the ill-fated Moutaineer package? Let him get some experience, let us see what he can do aside from 4 total plays this season...I dont think we can blame the AE for him not getting playing time. Its only the worst cause we are not playing him, anything is better than nothing...

We traded the Patriots either the 33rd or 34th pick in the 2011 draft for Armanti Edwards.

I then thought about how nice it would be to have the 33rd or 34th pick in the 2011 draft.

Then I watched the hyped up Patriots and Bears game.

I cried I was so sad.

All eight of their rookies drafted this year are playing and contributing. When they draft somebody they play them, if not its a waste of time and money which is a concept they understand really well. It's not like 'Hey, he's a project' or 'It's gonna take a couple years for him to develope' or 'He's a saftey but lets turn him into a linebacker'...yadda, yadda, yadda

Yea we're totally known for creating a gameplan suited to our players strengths this season. We shouldn't have drafted him as a WR, because he's not one.

But how in the world can you judge a guy they don't give a chance? I know we're all clawing for excuses for our poo season, creating a scapegoat out of anyone we can, but the fact is there is no way to know if he is a bust and his role on the team is FAR down the list of things we should be bitching about. His status as WR is hindered by guys who've been playing that position all through college, and his QB skills are underutilized by an inept and uncreative offensive coordinator. The odds are against him.

Regardless, patriots have too many draft picks next season and I'm quite sick of them being so good. Don't they have double picks in all rounds?

At this point it's looking like the Clausen pick was the worst in franchise history. He's feaking awful and we really shouldn't judge Armanti until the 2011 season, b/c technically, he's a 2011 pick.....

I think we could judge him now except that he doesn't see the field the enough. Those who watch the practices should have some idea of how he is doing though.

Regardless, patriots have too many draft picks next season and I'm quite sick of them being so good. Don't they have double picks in all rounds?

1st Round

1st Round (OAK – Richard Seymour)

2nd Round (CAR – 2010 3rd Round)

2nd Round

3rd Round (MIN – Randy Moss)

3rd Round

4th Round (DEN – Laurence Maroney)

5th Round

6th Round (NO – David Thomas)

Before all is said and done, it wouldn't surprise me if they got another 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th...

Archived