• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Universal whine about Clausen thread

Udogg

jimmy could possibly get a little better with time. matt is a just bad. makes horrible decisions when he's not crappin his pants, ie throwing to king in triple coverage. matt is not the answer.

I'm not saying Matt Moore is the answer but I believe he's shown he can manage a game better than Clausen, based on the '09 season alone. If the Panthers keep either of these guys, I think Moore would be the better backup. JMO

lol'd at this

someone asked Pat Kirwan how he felt about the 4 rookie qbs, and they ordered the rookies 1-4 as Bradford, The Golden Calf of Bristol, McCoy and Clausen.

Kirwan said he'd agree, then added this

If there were five QBs on your list, I might move Clausen to fifth. And so I'd put Arizona's John Skelton at No. 4.

I'm not saying Matt Moore is the answer but I believe he's shown he can manage a game better than Clausen, based on the '09 season alone. If the Panthers keep either of these guys, I think Moore would be the better backup. JMO

I'd rather see Jimmy small hands than Matt Moore, lets not forget what happend the first 2 games

So you blame Clausen when he throws a pass to Smith that Smith drops.

You blame Clausen when he gets sacked a second after he gets the snap.

You blame Clausen for not staring down Steve Smith.

You blame Clausen for staring down an open Rosario.

Got it.

Kinda funny, the only thing on that play that kept everyone here from saying "now that is an NFL throw," was that it was a yard behind. If it's a TD, we aren't having this argument.

Please show me where I blamed Clausen for a pass Smith dropped or for getting sacked quickly. I have never even seen him so stare down Smith so I'm sure I have never blamed him for that. And at the beginning of the play, the defender was between Rosario and Clausen. Wouldn't exactly call that open. And it's kinda to argue that a TD isn't an NFL throw. So your last point is pretty moot.

Do you ever have anything to say that does not involve your hatred for Clausen or your worship of Moore? Ever? I feel sorry for your wife, if that's the case. Especially if you call her Matt.

I have tons to say on other topics and I often post in other threads but the majority of the threads revolve around how bad Clausen is (hence the merger) but I tend to stay in QB threads because that's what I know best.

My hatred of Clausen is not undeserved. Many more people are beginning to see this but for some reason you, Mioww, Urry, and a few others are still loving him for some unknown reason.

At least Moore has had more good games than bad and some reasons to be optimistic, Clausen has 0.

I was rooting for Jimmy at the start of the year, but now I don't want him here. He just doesn't have it and may never learn it. I feel bad for him, as his whole life was about getting here, but oh well. Hopefully he watched Brees tonight against Atlanta. He could learn a lot about stepping/hopping up in the pocket and not being scared to get hit. I'm sure it takes a real man to put yourself in harm's way as massive DEs and killer LBs fly at you on the pro level, but if Jimmy ever wants a shot in the NFL, he better become a damn man.

Now go hold that clipboard, kid.

I was rooting for Jimmy at the start of the year, but now I don't want him here. He just doesn't have it and may never learn it. I feel bad for him, as his whole life was about getting here, but oh well. Hopefully he watched Brees tonight against Atlanta. He could learn a lot about stepping/hopping up in the pocket and not being scared to get hit. I'm sure it takes a real man to put yourself in harm's way as massive DEs and killer LBs fly at you on the pro level, but if Jimmy ever wants a shot in the NFL, he better become a damn man.

Now go hold that clipboard, kid.

if the action gets to close to him on the sidelines i expect that clipboard to wind up in the stands.

I'd rather see Jimmy small hands than Matt Moore, lets not forget what happend the first 2 games

Matt Moore is 7-6 as a starter....with some very solid games mixed into some of those starts.

Clausen is 1-8....with flat out pathetic play.

I mean, if you asked other NFL teams to pick one of these guys to be a backup QB.......they are gonna say Moore (and he is a young QB and not this old vet people began to act like he was this season).

One thing I noticed about the game last night was they said Brees had the most batted balls of anyone since he came in the league. People often defended Jimmy saying Brees was just fine with the batted balls and stuff without knowing the facts (I didn't know the facts but I didn't defend Jimmy). The only way Brees got past those is throwing the ball deep and changing the trajectory of the football but with Jimmy he doesn't throw it deep so those batted balls are expected to continue throughout his career.

Archived