• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanford QBs Give Opinions of Luck

unicar15

"Elway: He's a smart guy, a mature guy. He'll be able to have a voice in where he's going. If it's Carolina [the Panthers own the first pick in the draft], Carolina is bad right now but they've been a playoff team. ... It's a good organization."

My disgust for Elway just eased a little. Always hated him (and Eli) for the way they came into the NFL, but now I dislike him a little less :)

"Elway: He's a smart guy, a mature guy. He'll be able to have a voice in where he's going. If it's Carolina [the Panthers own the first pick in the draft], Carolina is bad right now but they've been a playoff team. ... It's a good organization."

My disgust for Elway just eased a little. Always hated him (and Eli) for the way they came into the NFL, but now I dislike him a little less :)

I agree, but I still wouldn't put him in the front office like Denver is doing

Trade down. I'm over this Luck 'will solve all our problems' crap.

Honestly noone with an ounce of football sense thinks that one player, any player, by themselves is going to come in and fix every problem the Panthers have. It might get spouted around a bit (because football jesus is fun to imagine) but in our quiet time we all know there are more problems on this team than QB.

The flip side to that, and the thing that makes trading down if he delcares mildly retarded, is that a franchise QB (making the assumption that that's what he becomes in the NFL) can elevate the team around him. No he won't save us - even if he's an amalgamation of every great QB ever to play the game into one Super Rookie - but of the QBs available he is the most likely to be able to provide the anchor point for the franchise for some time. And a solid player to build functional offense around too...

Run...it's the Panther Police!!:dupe:

Busted for flagrant repetition. But what if you want to talk about a topic? Do we need everyone's approval? I just don't open threads that don't interest me. If the demand is there, why fight it? Or should we go through a screening process where someone approves the worthiness of topics? We could call him, The TOPIC CZAR.

Busted for flagrant repetition. But what if you want to talk about a topic? Do we need everyone's approval? I just don't open threads that don't interest me. If the demand is there, why fight it? Or should we go through a screening process where someone approves the worthiness of topics? We could call him, The TOPIC CZAR.

I think we should talk about cake and the fact that not only is it not a lie but also superior to pie in nearly every way.

No, getting him won't solve all of our problems but it will make much more of a difference than any other position. It would at the very least bring a positive vibe to what has become a miserable time period for our organization. As bad as we were this year, there were 3-4 games this season we could have won with the exact team we fielded + better QB play.

Archived