• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen will develop into a fine qb next season.

Pox 08

I really think Smith is a part of his problem. Clausen seemed intimidated by him and that's a very bad thing. Smith had reason to be frustrated, but his behavior toward Clausen was pretty uncalled for, IMO. But then we've always known Smith was a prick.

part of the job.

what I was least impressed w/ is he had no attitiude and no emotion. I could handle him sucking.....if he gave us some other traits to put some hope into.

they did a mic'd up w/ The Golden Calf of Bristol (you can watch it on you tube).....you don't see that stuff The Golden Calf of Bristol displayed w/ Clausen. If Clausen would have shown a hint of some leadership or command maybe we could have a glimmer of hope despite his horrific play.

Really? Amazing what a dream world fans live through.

Do us all a big favor and stop going to games!!

Hopefully all of you with tickets are smart enough to return the favor to Mr Richardson in not continuing to attend the games. Empty seats will send a message.

I really hate to be a turn-coat but with the stupidity and neglect that JR has shown in the last couple of years oh f in well.. i did just buy a beason jersey though : ) I'm sure he's lost a whole lot more than 11 million this year

I'd let him ride the bench next season, then see how he is in his 3rd season, before passing any judgement, besides the fact that he isn't ready now.

Exactly my sentiments. Training camp should do him wonders this year now that he knows what to expects if he works hard. Then he should get to start at least one of the pre-season games, if we only have two this year to show us what he has learned. That will tell where exactly he should fall on the depth chart.

Freeman showed so very much more than Clausen did. :(

Apples and oranges. Freeman was in his second year on an all around solid team.

Compare Clausen 2011 with Freeman 2010. I still don't think he will outperform Freeman, but Clausen will no doubt put out a better show with more experience and a stable team around him. The only way I see him not doing that is if he has some kind of emotional block and chokes.

But I think Clausen has quite a bit of growth potential. The only question is how bad did 2010 stunt it.

Apples and oranges. Freeman was in his second year on an all around solid team.

Compare Clausen 2011 with Freeman 2010. I still don't think he will outperform Freeman, but Clausen will no doubt put out a better show with more experience and a stable team around him. The only way I see him not doing that is if he has some kind of emotional block and chokes.

But I think Clausen has quite a bit of growth potential. The only question is how bad did 2010 stunt it.

I think they were referring to Freeman his rookie year vs. Clausen's rookie year. Freeman started to really show somethings to build off of.

I think they were referring to Freeman his rookie year vs. Clausen's rookie year. Freeman started to really show somethings to build off of.

Not really, the only difference between Freeman and Clausen their rookie years, was that Freeman was probably given permission to take a lot more chances down the field. Throwing it deep multiple times a game muddies up Freeman in the eyes of outside fans, as does Clausen's check downs. Especially when it comes to TDs, or in Clausen's case, a lack of.

Buc boards were going insane about Freeman , during his rookie year and the off season afterward. He was a child. After every interception, he seemed to have a poo eating grin on his face like "lol So What?".

Freeman was far more ready to play in the NFL than Clausen. People over-hyped how NFL-ready Clausen was just cause he played in a pro-style offense. The guy is STILL trying to play like he did at Notre Dame.

Archived