• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Contracts

pantherj

Agree with Second City Panther minus Thomas Davis. I think Beason and Anderson can hold it down with someone cheaper as the third backer. We always have had money tied up in 3 linebackers and I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. That being said, if Davis comes ridiculously cheap than okay, but I have a feeling somebody will pay him more. I just remember the Dan Morgan/ Will Witherspoon fiasco and feel like de ja vu is on the horizon. James Anderson has proven himself these past few years when given the time, and this year, he took it to a new level. Throw a stud DT on our line, and I think Beason and Anderson will be freed up to actually do more. Plus we still have Connor (not really an OLB), Norwood, Nic Harris, Williams, etc. to give a shot to. I'd rather spend that cash on another CB, TE, DT and/or QB. We should have a lot of money to roll with this year in free agency, and this team could really turn our roster and season around.

I don't know our financials, but I'd like to see us sign the following:

James Anderson

Charles Johnson

Ryan Kalil

DeAngelo Williams (franchise + trade or sign-and-trade)

The following are players that may or may not be available due to the CBA, but suspending disbelief for the argument of conversation, this is who I would like:

1. Sign either Derek Landri, Barry Cofield or Paul Soliei at the other DT spot (Draft Nick Fairley with our 1st rounder)

2. Sign Brent Grimes or Johnathon Joseph opposite Gamble

3. Sign Zach Miller or Kevin Boss at tight end

4. Sign Marc Bulger to mentor / back up Claussen

I'd let T. Davis walk (love the guy, but there is no chance he comes back to even 70% of what he was on a knee that he's blown out twice)

Now that we know you have a medical degree in sports medicine we gotta get you to JR so you can plead your case before they re-sign Davis and waste their money on someone who will never be better the 70%.... QUICK!!!

I still have yet to figure out why people want to trade our Best running back. with all three healthy, we can rotate, and have something special on offense.

I don't understand it either. Of the three Deangelo has been the most reliable. You don't trade away your best players and hope to get better.

I'm hoping our FO isn't stupid enough to believe that we can trade D-Will and depend on Stewart to be healthy and Goodson not to fumble.

Archived