• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kolb Trade

unicar15

Well, anyone who watched this previous season knows.

Kolb won the starting job.

Reid said Kolb was their guy.

Kolb got hurt.

Vick came in, and did incredible, and the rest is history.

Yes, Reid flip-flopped and he admitted it.

To add to that, Vick got injured during that stretch and Kolb came in and did well.

I don't really have a dog in this fight (no pun intended......well, maybe it was) but that's what happened..Don't know what your trying to say.

Sure Kolb won the starting Job... he was the only QB that knew the system at the time. LOL still no proof. Well here's some for you... 7 TDs and 7 INTs for a great QB rating of.... 76.1 Whoooo yea he was doing so well. '

Oh and for that last game that he did so well in.... he was 18 for 36 with 1 TD and 3 INTs. Yea such a stellar game. :rolleyes:

Here's the problem I have with Kolb. If Andy Reid and Marty Morningwig cant get production out of him, I dont think anyone can.

The thing is the kid earned the starting job this year. He had a couple great games with McNabb out in 09, and just got off to a rough start his first game this year, but that was no reason to bench him. Reid got caught up in the 'Dual QB' Hype and BS that is Mike Vick.

I think Kolb is ready and under a good OC and QB coach is going to be a damn good one in this league.

Sure Kolb won the starting Job... he was the only QB that knew the system at the time. LOL still no proof. Well here's some for you... 7 TDs and 7 INTs for a great QB rating of.... 76.1 Whoooo yea he was doing so well. '

Oh and for that last game that he did so well in.... he was 18 for 36 with 1 TD and 3 INTs. Yea such a stellar game. :rolleyes:

Vick knew the system.

Not sure what your trying to say.

And, as it's been said, we aren't looking for a Franchise QB. We're looking for a veteran stop-gap, something Kolb could provide.

Your entire opposition to this argument is purely because you want us to take Newton, and it's getting annoying.

Your typically a pretty unbiased poster, but this love for Newton you've developed has clouded your judgement..

I don't get where people are getting "Matt Moore is Kevin Kolb." There is a reason that Kolb was picked at the top of the 2nd round and Matt Moore was a free agent. If the coaches don't think Kolb is any good then that is fine...they won't try to get him. But there is a lot of talk that there are a lot of teams looking around to get him. With our QB situation IDK why we wouldn't look into it.

Vick knew the system.

Not sure what your trying to say.

And, as it's been said, we aren't looking for a Franchise QB. We're looking for a veteran stop-gap, something Kolb could provide.

Your entire opposition to this argument is purely because you want us to take Newton, and it's getting annoying.

Your typically a pretty unbiased poster, but this love for Newton you've developed has clouded your judgement..

Where have I ever said Newton in this thread??? :confused: The fact is he is not worth a 1st round pick.... Hell I would give a 5th or 6th for him but not a 1st.

Look at his stats for once and you will see he is not that good...

I'd have a hard time giving up what the Eagles want for Kolb, even though I like his potential. As a Dallas native, remember those stats from that last game were against the Cowboys, who have possible the most embarrassing pass D in the league. If we are gonna trade down from #1 to the teens, I want something more than another "potential" QB for it. The last team I remember trading down from #1 (before the draft) got #5 and #37 (LT and Brees, not bad). Last team to trade #1 at all got Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding for it (also not bad). Trading down and only getting Kolb and Julio Jones would be by far the worst of those trades.

Matt Moore is fixing to be a FA.

Kolb was never given a legitimate shot to either succeed or fail. He can probably be had for a 3rd round draft pick or something of the likes. Not sure I'd involved the #1 Overall Pick in a trade with him though.

yeah, Kolb might not be worth a 3rd rounder.. how him not having an opportunity doesn't mean poo to me until the Eagles get real on their expectations..

I don't get where people are getting "Matt Moore is Kevin Kolb." There is a reason that Kolb was picked at the top of the 2nd round and Matt Moore was a free agent. If the coaches don't think Kolb is any good then that is fine...they won't try to get him. But there is a lot of talk that there are a lot of teams looking around to get him. With our QB situation IDK why we wouldn't look into it.

that's all well and fine, but I'm going to be very disappointed if I hear we gave up anything more than a 3rd rounder...

Clausen was drafted in the middle of the second............. Sometimes a draft pick is just a draft pick. Kolb wasn't worthy of 1st round consideration back then, he sure as hell isn't worth the #1 overall pick this year.

Where have I ever said Newton in this thread??? :confused: The fact is he is not worth a 1st round pick.... Hell I would give a 5th or 6th for him but not a 1st.

Look at his stats for once and you will see he is not that good...

We're not going to get anybody that is "that good" though.

Adequate will suffice for the time being.

Archived