• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your First Car...

YourMomsLover

I was 16, 1975 ford maverick, destroyed it in my 1st 6 months. My dad said after the accident that's why I got a Ford he didn't trust me with a better car. My brother got a Chevy SS badass, he sold it and they bought a 56 Chevy bel-air and pimped that poo out.

My Maverick was the 2 door sport white, I have a picture of it after I destroyed it need to upload it but this is what they look like

fotosparaophotobucket6.jpg

1961 Dodge Lancer (I used to call it a Dodge Cancer!) with a 170 cu in. Slant 6. The thing was so slow that VW Beetles would pass me! It was red 2 door with horizontal tail fins in the back!

.Dodge-Lancer-1961_m.jpg

The nice thing was, every time it was in the garage for work, The Dodge dealer would loan me a 1960 Chrysler 300F! That car was awesome! It had a 413 Max Wedge V-8 with dual cross Ram 2 - 4 brl carbs!

I didn't care that it had tail fins! It ran like a scolded dog!

300Fengine.jpg

1960CHRYSLER300f_750.jpg

I wished my Father would have let me buy it! It had a Wonderbar on the radio! (Think Seek!) Just hit the WONDERBAR and the radio woud automatically change to the next station. Something that wouldn't show up again for probably 20 years!

(People at my high school would make fun of it, until they saw how fast it was!)

'68 Chevelle in 1979.

Bought it for $100 bucks. The driver window didn't roll down and the passenger door didn't open from the outside. The doghouse was a different color than the body. Had the straight 6 and 3 on the tree tranny.

I put a lot of work into it, installing a 350 SS motor and tranny, paint job, AM/FM Cassette with amp and it was saweet. I let my younger sis look after it when I joined the military. I woiuld reclaim it when I was on leave. I didn't want to take it with me because of my duty and it would just be stuck somewhere for months on end. She wrecked it about 2 years later. I shoulda took it with me.

87 Ford Tempo but it was a two door and had a manual transmission. My parents were the type that made me buy my own car and insurance, so for $250 I bought my first car in 1994. This thing had been in three accidents before I bought it. I had to put about another $250 to get it legal to drive on the road. A couple years later my wife got hit while she was driving it. I got $1650 from the insurance company. This is the only car I ever turned a profit on.

'91 Lexus ES250

Es250.jpg

Mine was gold, but didn't look nearly as nice and shiny. Had about 300k miles on it when I got it...saved up $1.5k working at Harris Teeter and got the thing right before my junior year of high school. About 6 months afterward I was driving along Pleasant Plains Rd in Matthews and the brake calipers fell off the front disc brakes. I was lucky that I wasn't on the interstate or on a busy road...because I could have died. I pulled into a neighborhood and went up a hill to slow down, and pulled the e-brake.

Great car otherwise...got rid of it after that and my grandma gave me her car.

first car was a 78 Pontiac Phoenix...same as a Nova basically...with a 350 in it.

Only had it short term right out of high school...about 6 months later, in the spring, I bought an 88 Mustang GT right off the truck. Loved that damn car.

My first was an 82 Phoenix, I somehow pulled 2 years out of it.

Archived