• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missouri Fans perspective on Gabbert

unicar15

Who is going to pull the trigger on a QB in the first round this year? We are drafting Green in the first unless Hurney trusts Rivera to keep Fairley's antics under control. If you want a QB, hope for us to trade back up into the late first or early second and take him if he were to fall that far. I really don't see us reaching for a QB unless they fall to a reasonable level though.

We may end up with Mallett in this scenario so don't get your hopes up haha

I think we willl have to bring in a veteran and Clausen will improve--how much? Dunno, but I know that giving up on rookies (something many on here did) after three games is stupid. If you draft Gabbert, you tell Clausen you have given up on him. Most first rounders get three years before another rookie or young QB is brought in. Why would a second rounder get less time?

Gabbert is going to be OK, but not in 2012. Before bringing in the franchise QB, build the OL, WR corps, and defense. A Franchise QB is the last piece. That is how you eliminate busts/

If Fox was not on his last leg, and if he had not been ordered to play Clausen, there is no way he would have put him in this season. He was right to bring in vets to play. Clausen had no chance.

this sums up that whole post.....funny though

I thought so too.:D

Seriously though, I don't really know much about Gabbert outside of his stats and the one time I watched him play, which was his bowl game. I would probably feel much better about him if my one big memory of him wouldn't have been that extremely bone headed INT he threw in that game. That was Jake Delhomme-like.

He certainly has all the physical tools though. I can't argue with that at all. If TJ Yates had his height and athletic ability I could seriously compare them, but he doesn't, so I can't.

I think we willl have to bring in a veteran and Clausen will improve--how much? Dunno, but I know that giving up on rookies (something many on here did) after three games is stupid. If you draft Gabbert, you tell Clausen you have given up on him. Most first rounders get three years before another rookie or young QB is brought in. Why would a second rounder get less time?

A second rounder gets less time because they're a second rounder. You're not as invested financially or in pick value. Also, with what Clausen has shown (nothing), you want to wait two more years before trying to address the position again?

Gabbert is going to be OK, but not in 2012. Before bringing in the franchise QB, build the OL, WR corps, and defense. A Franchise QB is the last piece. That is how you eliminate busts

Our D needs a starting DT and a CB2 and we can compete with anyone on that side of the ball provided we resign Johnson. OL, we need a G and some depth. WR group is mostly fine, provided Smith stays as we have 1, 2 and 3 spots covered. We have a HUGE hole at QB, however.

If Fox was not on his last leg, and if he had not been ordered to play Clausen, there is no way he would have put him in this season. He was right to bring in vets to play. Clausen had no chance.

Clausen had plenty of chances. He had a good running game and much improved oline for the second half of the season, he had a top 10 wr and two of the better rookie wrs on the field. Also, it's not Clausen's record that's a cause for concern. It's the fact that he didn't flash much of anything to show he was capable of playing at this level. Arm strength wasn't there, he was terrified, he made bad decisions, his clock was off, his accuracy was all over the place, etc. The only reason people are hoping against hope is they don't want that pick to bust.

I don't think Gabbert should go #1, but with the CBA stuff up in the air, we may have no idea what QBs will be available in FA come draft time. We may grab a QB we grade highly and run with it.

Kiper currently has Gabbert going at #5 to the Cardinals. What I don't understand is if Gabbert is good enough to go in the top 5, then why isn't he good enough to go #1? QB is the most important position in sports so if a team is going to spend the #5 pick on him then I am sure as hell spending the #1 pick on him if that is my team's biggest position of need. I think we can all agree that we can have all the DL, WR, CB talent we want this offseason...but if we don't get a QB then we aren't going to the playoffs.

Around my house, he would be known as Yo Gabba Gabba (for others with small kids, you'll get this). :D

we could call bank of america "the house of blaine" and whenever he comes onto the field we could play "jump around", and his fan section could be called "the blainetologists"...

I now want him based on puns south park references alone.

Archived