• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Skipper Not Out Yet

Nicbsbll2

i'd be glad to see him back here, but i wonder what's going on with fox in denver that he is having such a hard time filling out his coaching spots. i thought for sure that skipper would be over there. fox's reputation must be preceeding him.

also, compare the hires they have had there to the ones here. seems like we are getting the higher profile ones. i'm liking rivera more and more. fox just seems to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel...kind of like he did here.

Pugh was better everytime he touched the ball last year, minus the KOR for TD against the Seahawks that was called back for a BS call.

He puts the ball on the ground WAY too much.

If we don't resign Williams, Goodson will be a featured back next year. He is great on passes out of the backfield and real shifty in the open field. He is definitely a keeper as long as someone can teach how to pass block. On some of his wiffs it would have been comical it is didn't cause our QB to get hammered.

He returned 9 kickoffs for a 24 yard average. Goodson returned 44 kickoffs for a 22 yard average. Hard to say Pugh was much better.

i'd be glad to see him back here, but i wonder what's going on with fox in denver that he is having such a hard time filling out his coaching spots. i thought for sure that skipper would be over there. fox's reputation must be preceeding him.

also, compare the hires they have had there to the ones here. seems like we are getting the higher profile ones. i'm liking rivera more and more. fox just seems to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel...kind of like he did here.

As far as Fox is concerned, I'm starting to think that John Elway is going after the coaches he wants as opposed to the coaches Fox wants. Otherwise I would have expected Fox's right hand man (Skipper) to be the first one hired instead of keeping a holdover from the old staff.

As far as Fox is concerned, I'm starting to think that John Elway is going after the coaches he wants as opposed to the coaches Fox wants. Otherwise I would have expected Fox's right hand man (Skipper) to be the first one hired instead of keeping a holdover from the old staff.

Well, Fox has hired a lot of his old crew in Denver. However, I think Elway wanted to keep the last RB coach and that was his choice. So he may have pulled rank on Fox here. Skipper is a RB coach, so sort of left him out in the cold. That said, I hope Rivera signs him up. We have had great RB play for years and most important it appears they all want him to return.

Archived