• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who wants to get Cam Newton?

thunderraiden

So you want Cam Newton huh? Hey.. aren't you that guy that criticizes Hurney for getting Armanti Edwards with a 2nd rounder? Yea? Well, you think that Hurney should be fired just for using a 2nd rounder on a project WR in Edwards, right? Right. But let me get this straight, you want to use the first pick in the draft.... or hell, any pick in the first round to get a project QB that is no different from Hurney's 2nd round project WR in ridiculousness? So.... Doesn't that make you an idiot? Yes, yes it does.

Defend yourself.

So you want Cam Newton huh? Hey.. aren't you that guy that criticizes Hurney for getting Armanti Edwards with a 2nd rounder? Yea? Well, you think that Hurney should be fired just for using a 2nd rounder on a project WR in Edwards, right? Right. But let me get this straight, you want to use the first pick in the draft.... or hell, any pick in the first round to get a project QB that is no different from Hurney's 2nd round project WR in ridiculousness? So.... Doesn't that make you an idiot? Yes, yes it does.

Defend yourself.

I can see your arguement but I am sorry they are not the same. I am not saying the Panthers should draft Newton - I have no idea BUT trading a 2nd round pick for guy that played Div 1AA QB, to convert him to a WR that most likely could have been picked much later in the draft - in a draft in which you took two other WR's - is NOT the same as drafting in the 1st round a Division 1 starting QB who is a first round talent. Sure both are projects, but completely different ones on different levels.

Who wants to get Cam Newton? Probably 3/4 of the city of Charlotte and most Panther fans that realize our QB situation is a joke. Its only a small minority that is totally against it, unfortunately our owner has ruined his franchise pandering to that small minority. This draft is gonna determine how this franchise and our owner will be remembered long term.

I cannot defend my reasons for wanting because I am not a good judge of talent. Heck I thought Jamarcus was going to be okay but I only watched him a few times in college. I think Cam has more talent than The Golden Calf of Bristol and The Golden Calf of Bristol was doing okay at the end. I believe Cam was slated to start ahead of The Golden Calf of Bristol at Florida at one time. I would love to see other teams chasing him around all game. I don't care about his "character issues"; from his interviews he seems like a great young man. My endorsement of him however, is probably the surest sign that either the panthers will not draft him and he is not going to be too good. The Panthers never pick the guys I want; and it is a good thing!

Defend yourself.

Did you just post a rambling strawman argument with no basis in fact & then demand someone defend it? Yes... yes you did.

No rookie QBs. Not Newton, not Locker, not Mallett, not Gabbert, nobody. We've got enough youth there.

Sign a couple of veterans, take them to camp with Clausen and Pike. Best three get to stick around.

I agree with the veterans. I would just take either Newton, Gabbert or Locker and get rid of Pike. Then the best one starts and the next best is the backup. It isn't having youth but the potential to be the future. If the vet is supposed to start then both the new rookie and Clausen can sit back and learn.

Then between the 3 we have the present and future and won't worry about Luck or whoever might be there next year or after and we don't have to start over again if Clausen isn't the one.

Archived