• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lolololol who does this sound like?

thunderraiden

Young signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1985 after being the first player selected in the 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft of USFL and CFL Players. However, the Buccaneers posted 2–14 records in each of Young's two seasons with them, and Young's record as starter was 3–16. In his 19 games, he threw for only 11 touchdowns with 21 interceptions while completing fewer than 55% of his passes. Although his time in Tampa Bay was miserable, San Francisco 49ers coach Bill Walsh was impressed by Young's natural abilities and felt that his problems were due to the struggling Bucs organization.

Chill out with all the Clausen bashing guys, no one here can predict the future. I'm not saying we shouldn't bring in a veteran, we should. Not saying we shouldn't draft an ELITE QB LIKE Luck if we had the chance, we don't. Hell, in 2012 there are looking to be TWO elite QB's, Luck and Kirk Cousins :banghead:

Just saying quit pretending like you know what Clausen's future in the NFL is when the people in San Diego had no idea about Brees' future, Atlanta with Farve, Tampa with Young, and countless others. History says Clausen has a chance, it also says it won't be with us. So chill out and support whoever is on the team. I still remember Clausen getting us into field goal range against the Saints with time expiring but people wanna have selective memories so whatever. I'm not pro Clausen, I'm pro common sense and Panthers football.

Pz bitches

Young won games in college.............. winner = winner

Draft a proven loser in college + ___________ = Profit

I guess Im feeling a bit negative tonight. He is a Panther now and so I will continue to hope for a miracle.

Alright then the solution to our QB problem is simple. All we need to do is find a way to resurrect Bill Walsh from the dead, and let him find us a QB. Of course zombie Bill will need to eat someone's brains to stay alive, J.R has nothing to worry about, but Hurney will have to make a contribution.

Yeah, I'm not giving up on him yet, but you can't blame anyone for wanting to draft someone else at the most important position in all of football. Still, it does annoy me when these psychics tell me things that they 'know'. The words 'book it' make me sick.

He can make throws. I despise the Irish and therefore coughson when he was there. i believe he thinks he is a bit better than everyone else but he should never have gotten into a game last season as a rookie.

Last season has most likely humbled him and THIS coming season is the season where we actually get to see what the kid is made of, not last one.

Sounds like a guy w/ a better TD/INT ratio, a better completion %, and win/loss ratio than Jimmy Clausen. Sounds like a guy who actually threw some TDs to WRs. Sounds like he did that with worse talent around him than Clausen as well.......

not sure of the point?

Clausen just put in one of the worst rookie performances the NFL has seen.....he isn't comparable to any of these guys people like to mention.

We need more threads involving mental gymnastics trying to convince us that clausen isn't terrible.

In any case Steve young threw for nearly 300 yards in his last game that season and got the attention of one of the greatest coaches of all time.

If we dump Clausen tomorrow I seriously doubt Bellicheck will be knocking on his door.

Clausen just put in one of the worst rookie performances the NFL has seen.....he isn't comparable to any of these guys people like to mention.

Yea he put in the worst performance the NFL has ever seen, and the entire Panther team was one of if not the worst team in NFL history.

Now how many of these elite Qbs in history played for the worst team in the NFL's history?

If Jimmy had even just an average team, I think his stats would have been appropriate for a rookie.

Anyone who judges any player off of one year is inconsequential.

How well would Newton do as raw as he is, playing with the worst team in the NFL, his rookie season? But if he played as bad as Clause, you'd all excuse it right because he is a project.

I think he'd be a lot worse, but that's ok right, becasue we all realize he is a project. lol Give me a break all QBs are a project and take year(s). ALL OF THEM. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Young, Montana....they were all projects at one time people, they simply don't come out looking much better than Clausen.

Everyone just wants an instant fix and that is why you see the people who had Moore avies and sigs go to clausen and now they all change it to Newton. It really embarrasses me as a fan to have other fans see how fickle this fan base really is. Excellent example of our franchise's age.

Archived