• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bengals continue to claim Palmer not going anywhere

teeray

You guys thought I was kidding the Browns are crazy and Palmer will retire or play for the Bengals. Maybe they change their tune as this drags on. But right now I wouldn't count on getting Palmer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/04/bengals-team-official-stance-on-palmer-hasnt-changed/

Bengals team official: Stance on Palmer hasn’t changed

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 4, 2011, 5:42 PM EST

Following a report by SI’s Peter King that the Bengals would be open to listening to offers for Carson Palmer, one Bengals team official told Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer that the team’s stance towards Palmer hasn’t changed.

That stance: Palmer will be playing in Cincinnati or he can retire.

Palmer’s stance: He’d rather retire than play in Cincinnati.

As it states there's no pressure to do anything right now, don't expect anything until CBA is done and the draft is on the brink.

I honestly don't think they are going to do it. I know you are thinking, "That doesn't make sense."

Welcome to Bengal's land

What is Brown trying to accomplish? Do you want Palmer in Cincy after this drama? If not, what the hell are you doing?

He will retire. The Bengals have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING behind him. They have the 4th pick in the draft and Carolina and Buffalo pick before them. Of course, teams needing QBs might trade with Denver. THey could get shut out, coming out of the draft with AJ Green.

I think he will be traded and the logical thing to do is to package a deal with us. They would get their pick of the litter. We get a veteran QB and drop to #4. Assuming Newton goes first, Bowers to Denver, and I have a hunch Buffalo will take either Gabbert or Von Miller. That leaves us Dareus, Fairley, and Quinn from which to choose---and/or possibly Gabbert. What we should have done anyway. We get our guy plus a veteran QB, Cincy gets the best QB in the draft (something they needed anyway) and we all sing "Happy days are here again."

The Bengals want him to stay.

So, until they actually have a chance to deal him, I would expect them to keep pressuring him to stay. Once they can actually make deals we may see some things happen though.

You underestimate the stupidity of the Bengals young Skywalker.

Archived