• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte Observer Mock Draft: 1#. Carolina:QB Cam Newton, Auburn

blackcatgrowl

I'm on board with the Patrick Peterson orchestra train, fully. However, there is no denying the ezmxcitement the pick would generate if it were indeed Cam. I would be stoked. I didn't know enough about football when Collins was our pick, but simply put, a high draft pick spent on a QB would be pretty fun and then ESPN would have to find a whole new way to ignore us as a football team. Can it be draftday yet?!

What ppl need to realize is that we need a quarterback who can make all the those and keep his poise. Im afraid Cam is gonna be like Mike Vick early in his career and never progress as a passer and just rely on his athleticism... I would much rather see us draft Fairly or Dareus instead hell there is a chance we can get something for both D-Will and Smitty... Mallet is gonna be there in the second round... We know he can throw the damn ball no question about his arm. But can the team change him as a person because those personal problems can get in the way.

We are going to get something for D-Will and Smitty. We're gonna get a QB for them so they don't have to suffer through another season like '10. Then in the next 3-4 years we're gonna get nice big shiny rings for them, with Panthers on the top and Super Bowl Champion on the side.

there is a chance we can get something for both D-Will and Smitty...

What ppl need to realize is that we need a quarterback who can make all the those and keep his poise. Im afraid Cam is gonna be like Mike Vick early in his career and never progress as a passer and just rely on his athleticism... I would much rather see us draft Fairly or Dareus instead hell there is a chance we can get something for both D-Will and Smitty... Mallet is gonna be there in the second round... We know he can throw the damn ball no question about his arm. But can the team change him as a person because those personal problems can get in the way.

I hate hearing this stuff. Mike Vick was a baller in Atlanta. People act like he was garbage there. He was a 3 time pro bowler and an MVP candidate one year. The one year he struggled was when Jim Mora Jr fugged the entire offense up.

If Cam Newton "sucks" as bad as a perennial pro bowler and sometime MVP candidate we need to draft him like yesterday.

Many people think Cam is already ahead of Mike Vick as a passer also.

Mallet may be there in the second round but what does that do for the Panthers since we don't have a 2nd round pick? If the Panthers choose not to address QB with the first pick then we will either be forced to get one in free agency or stick it out with Clausen/Moore. With Newton and Gabbert gone, I doubt Locker or Mallet fall to the 3rd round so our best chance at a QB with our 2nd pick will be Ponder, Stanzi, & Kaepernick... and that is if they are even available!

According to Mayock, Newton and Locker are both rated at about 20th best players in the draft because both will take a good while to develop.

Couple that with the potential lockout and the fact that neither will get any OTA's or playbooks, instructions, etc. And it is like getting nothing in the first round. Same goes for Gabbert.

Archived