• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Going to Laugh...

Catalyst

You would love for Cam to be a bust?

If he's here I really hope he doesn't bust. I hope he is as great as the huggers believe. I just don't see that yet.

If he goes elsewhere, I'm conflicted. I'd rather he go some place and have a successful career that doesn't in any way cost the Panthers any wins in the regular season or playoffs :D I wish him well but I also know if he does too well he is bound to cause us trouble down the line, so fug that!

What you guys don't realize is no one will have their head explode. Everyone will hope he is the best thing since Manning and brings us multiple superbowls.

Just because we don't think he will do that now and don't want us to draft him doesn't mean we won't hope for that if he does get drafted here.

You guys are really sad with your us vs you attitude.

What you guys don't realize is no one will have their head explode. Everyone will hope he is the best thing since Manning and brings us multiple superbowls.

Just because we don't think he will do that now and don't want us to draft him doesn't mean we won't hope for that if he does get drafted here.

Can't we all just get along

Truth is that if we pick Newton, this board will go on and on back and forth particularly if he doesn't play for awhile or he struggles like we know he will. It will give the haters a year or more to complain about how wasted the pick was. It is very unlikely that Newton would see the field for at least eight games and perhaps like The Golden Calf of Bristol, he will make only a cameo appearance or two. People can say they are going to turn from detractors to apologists and enthusiasts overnight. But lets be honest here, no matter how they say they are a supporter, down deep they think they were right the first time and take every opportunity to take pot shots along the way.

If Zod wants to ensure great traffic on this website, then he should be rooting that Newton gets the nod. There is not a more galvanizing figure in the draft than Newton for a myriad of reasons.

I openly hated Clausen after the pick but I just don't feel that passionate about Cam. I do see his upside I just don't think he'll help our team because I think the transition will be too much for him to be effective.

I'll hope he proves me wrong but I don't think he'll get the chance.

I openly hated Clausen after the pick but I just don't feel that passionate about Cam. I do see his upside I just don't think he'll help our team because I think the transition will be too much for him to be effective.

I'll hope he proves me wrong but I don't think he'll get the chance.

that's pretty much exactly how i feel as well, about everything.

Thats funny because you're the main sh** stirrer in the anti-cam vs pro-cam arguements.

Oh yes my head is going to totally explode.

It seems like the people who don't want Cam are less emotionally invested in him than the people on this board who do. I swear some of you would take a bullet for him, and then his dad would steal the bullet from the ER and sell it on eBay.

From what Ive seen its the complete opposite. The same group of anti-cam members have taken their time to voice how much they don't want us to take him in just about every cam thread there is.

Thats funny because you're the main sh** stirrer in the anti-cam vs pro-cam arguements.

considering every other thread on the forum is about Cam, there isn't much else to argue about.

Some of these folks act like the guys against drafting Cam are going to disappear(some will, most won't) and stop supporting the Panthers. Couldn't be more off-base. I literally slammed my TV remote on the ground when they announced the Clausen pick, yet here I am still supporting him BECAUSE HE IS A PANTHER.

Good for you.

Then the question will be what all the Cam Supporters do 3 years from now when Cam proved all of us correct.....when he is a bust as a QB.

We say goodbye to what may have been an outstanding HC. I hope JR won't pin Newton imploding on Rivera. The sad thing is we will need another Rookie QB and wait another 3-4 years to see if the guy develops.

I really badly want to trade down. Trade down, gather up a 2nd this year and a first next year and set Rivera up to have a fighting chance. Trade for a veteran and look for a rookie to groom next year.

While I am not a Cam-Hater or a Cam-supporter, Beacuse I have always sided with BPA way of thinking, no matter what the position I would go with the BPA or trade down. Which is why I would take Peterson.

But I would pull for Cam, Gabbert, Dareus or Green if they are selected because as Kennypowers30 said they would be Panthers.

My question is: If they do not draft Cam. What will your reaction be? Still gonna laugh?

Archived