• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest Annoyance in The Workplace or as A Businessman??

The Saltman

Ummm all of the above plus a lot more?

I work in the most unprofessional and immature environment that I have ever encountered.

There are only 8 of us...so whatever is going on, everyone knows about it.

There are 3 that are constantly gossiping...2 of which are men....always whispering about something in another office thinking no one can hear them....I seriously feel like I am in middle school.

The three of them have tried more than once and failed at throwing me under the bus and getting me fired by complaining to my boss that I am not doing my job. They also feel this need to treat me like they are my managers and somehow think they can tell me what to do, although they have no authority over me whatsoever.

There is one lady who is constantly butting into other people's conversations, she is also one of those people who will blatantly interrupt you and just keep talking until you stop...that drives me CRAZY.

She is always talking about her damn kids and her lame husband who doesn't even have a job right now. She lies to everyone although we are all fully aware that she has a very shitty relationship situation. (that's a whole other story in itself)

She is a very very bossy person and always wants to take control of everything and feels the need to tell everyone exactly what it is they should be doing. She does the thing Urious was talking about with the laughing but she also laughs extra hard....like too hard, where its obvious that she is desperately trying. She also talks to herself.....A LOT....like to the point where everyone in the office is scared at certain points when we hear her talking and laughing with herself.

I am paid a salary but I also receive commission for every new client that I bring in. Bringing in clients requires proposals, which are done by my boss. So, technically, my commission is based on how fast I can get my boss to turn out proposals.

She kisses my boss' ass big time and is always in his office with problems that have to deal with her clients. None of the other people that do her job ever seem to have problems, but she constantly "needs help" from my boss. So, she wastes about 2 hours of his time each day with her stupid ass problems that she can solve on her own. This, in turn, causes my boss to procrastinate his work, which, in turn, causes me to lose money in the long run.

I am the youngest person in my office other than the only person Im really close with who is one year older but has a wife and kid.

Oh, and no one...NO ONE I work with either watches or follows football....or any sport, for that matter.

July will be 1 year.:out:

I would say, but too many people know where I work .... I need my job! (Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good place, all things considered ... my beef is about one person in particular, and the people who have the power to do something about it and don't.)

Oh, and the co-worker who talks/yells to herself, and answers (we share workspace). So annoying.

I would say, but too many people know where I work .... I need my job! (Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good place, all things considered ... my beef is about one person in particular, and the people who have the power to do something about it and don't.)

Oh, and the co-worker who talks/yells to herself, and answers (we share workspace). So annoying.

You work with boo? :D

I think all of the above are annoying but I hate the blamers the most. I totally agree with TRD and Z.

Also, I really hate (yes, hate) the guys who take the credit for somebody elses work. I work in an office by myself but when I was in the trade there was always an "I,I" guy on the crew.

You know the type, "I did this" and "I did that" even though they just milked it all day and didn't grab a tool until the bosses truck pulls up.

I always did my best to expose those types and have them moved to another job. Very detrimental to getting things done.

:lol:

Not laughing at you but with you... I used to deal wih meetings about meetings at my previous company. What a total waste... and management thought it was just great.

The problem is we started out as a very small company and just rapidly expanded to a billion dollar company so it's taking time for people to get used to the new size and responsibility we have.

Before we were under 200m in sales and in the last year grew to over a billion and people still act like we are a small, creative company that can have meetings all the time and be collaborative but now there is a lot more work that needs to be done so people need to be at their computers.

I usually go to meetings I have no need to go to, bring my laptop, and work from the meeting, it's pretty crazy.

But there are plenty of benefits to the company still having the feel of a small business. Dress code is a huge plus for me

Archived