• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You wake up to find you have somehow, in your sleep, traveled back to circa 1500 BC..

Darth Urious

Well, I'd probably go to Mesopotamia during this time. It was right before the Armana period. I'd make myself king (of the Hittites, perhaps), knowing that the people of the time valued intelligence, purity, and the ability to reconciliate. Kings of all periods connected themselves with the gods of their city for religious legitimazation, so I'd probably have to find a connection to Marduk, who, thanks to the previous Babylonian reign, became the most popular god of the time. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En%C3%BBma_Eli%C5%A1) Marduk was a badass motherfuger would gave no poos, so I'd have to convince the people that he loved me and wanted me to be king (not too hard if you know Akkadian).

Egypt and Mesopotamia were coming together, but there was a lot of war during this time period, so knowing how to run an army would be essential. Vassal states were huge at the time, so if you were to be king, you would have to listen to their incessant whining about how other states were warring with them. As a good king, however, you couldn't care too much about the vassal states. They acted as a buffer zone between you and other big powers at the time, so they were a great place to do battle if you didn't want to get your city dirty from other people trying to attack you. Also, you would have to have the ability to make treaties, since they were huge at this time. Since you didn't want to waste all your resources going to war, treaties were a good way to make sure peace was ensured (and to keep tabs on other kingdoms).

You would also have to send letters to other kingdoms and make sure you knew what they were up to (if they just had a major battle and were weakened, for example, now would be a good time to invade and sack their city, taking the resources and people of the city).

Polygamy was basically encouraged for kings at the time, so it'd be pretty sweet.

I'd name myself a ridiculous name so that people studying me would get a good laugh (maybe King Penispoo?), but I'd let history basically run its course (no need for time paradoxes).

1500BC = the very end of the bronze age.

anybody who comes out trying to show people how to construct a wheel or bow and arrow is going to get waxed.

I know. Some people are saying show thew how to make fire. :rolleyes:

I also believe you would have to rely on your survival skills and stealthiness because we would be noticed right away and also noted as being different and probably thrown into slave labor or worse. I think I'll dream something different.

Archived