• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gruden sold on Newton's potential

teeray

what else are we going to talk about? and you must secretly like these posts because you always post in them anyway..internet forum users who complain about people making threads on a forum crack me up..

Seeing people talk about how great Newt is makes Hatter furious.

The only thing that can keep Cam from being great, is Cam. You either believe he will work hard, or you don't. That is the difference between that anti-Cam crowd and the pro-Cam crowd, because we all know he has more natural ability than any QB in this draft, and that there is not a flaw in his game that can't be fixed with hard work and good coaching.

So John Fox, in 9 years as a HC, got 5 good years out of a veteran QB with almost zero starting experience. John Fox = poo with QBs

But Gruden, in 14 years as OC/HC, got 3 slightly better years out of a much more seasoned veteran QB with extensive starting experience. Jon Gruden = QB genius.

No, you're right, Gruden is sooo much better than Fox at judging/evaluating QBs :sosp:

Nice post though.

Where did I bring up fox?

You stated that gruden never developed anybody. I gave you proof that you were talking out of your ass.

I understand you are butt hurt, and have attempted to put words in my mouth that I have never said or posted. That makes you look even more of an idiot...and ya did it all on your own! Your parents must be proud!

Nice post though!

You are right, I was wrong saying that he never developed anybody.

I brought up Fox as a comparison to illustrate where Gruden's acumen lies when it comes to drafting QBs. He is a great offensive mind, but the reason he is working at ESPN and not at One Buc Place is because of his inability to field a QB in Tampa.

As far as judging QB talent, Gruden is on the same level as Fox. Both were able to have some success with a veteran backup, but neither were able to duplicate said success without those guys.

If people want a good judge of QB talent, IMO Marty Schottenhiemer is one of the best. In his 23 years, he had six different QBs that either played for or were drafted by him make the Pro-Bowl.

I brought up Fox as a comparison to illustrate where Gruden's acumen lies when it comes to drafting QBs. He is a great offensive mind, but the reason he is working at ESPN and not at One Buc Place is because of his inability to field a QB in Tampa.

As far as judging QB talent, Gruden is on the same level as Fox. Both were able to have some success with a veteran backup, but neither were able to duplicate said success without those guys.

If people want a good judge of QB talent, IMO Marty Schottenhiemer is one of the best. In his 23 years, he had six different QBs that either played for or were drafted by him make the Pro-Bowl.

somebody needs to ask schottenhiemer about cam newton then..why hasn't this happenend!??

That statement is so ass backwards Idk where to start.

That's like saying bill cowher is just as good at judging QBs as norv turner.

Has there been a college quarterback he's interviewed for ESPN he didn't like? I remember him raving about Clausen, too. blech.

I think when Gruden doesn't like you that is the death toll for your draft status..remember he said clausen putting out bad film was an embarrassment to ND?

Has there been a college quarterback he's interviewed for ESPN he didn't like? I remember him raving about Clausen, too. blech.

He will like everyone he does the QB camp thing with. That is just his style. But I think he implied or stated that he should be the #1 pick. I didn't see that quote but the article implied it.

That statement is so ass backwards Idk where to start.

Please start. Please tell me why it is "ass backwards" to compare the abilities of two head coaches who coached most of their careers at the same time and in the same division? :toetap05:

Archived