• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

April 28th

Brokenbad

The problem you have is not being able to take those facts and add in analysis to come to a conclusion.

We've given you plenty of facts combined with analysis but they are ignored because Cam won the Heisman! Cam is Exciting! Cam will sell jerseys! Cam has potential! etc

You have to take yourself out of the college realm and project how he will translate to the NFL based on his skill set against bigger, faster, more intricate opponents.

My opinion and analysis has been posted many times yet no one has argued them. No one commented on the fact that he was AT LEAST 7/8 on throws behind the line of scrimmage and AT BEST 13/26 on throws past the line of scrimmage in his NC game yet they praise his accuracy and ability to make all the throws. I've offered to do more in depth analysis but no one has accepted my offer to do their own in depth research as well to compare notes. They'd rather post YouTube videos and ignore all the streaks and swings he throws in those videos and all the balls that are thrown right at a linebacker or tipped by a corner which would be picked in the NFL, they focus on the wide open completed pass as evidence of his greatness

This is the NFL draft, and all players have is college game tape, and based on that, no one has a better resume than cam newton in this draft as far as production and awards. So there is no reason to discredit what he did in college, because with that mind set we wouldnt draft a single college player. Jimmy clausen got chewed to pieces for including that INT in his game film, and that kind of decision making bothers my personally. I believe Cam got injured on the second play of the game and his team still won the game, that speaks volumes. I believe there has been multiple threads with Cam statistics and no one said hes a great passer, but his deep ball is better than Jimmys, he can extend plays, and he has decent accuracy. Now in the past 7 years of watching QBs in Carolina, none have cams potential nor ability, and we certainly have never had a pure "accurate" passer at the position.

cam nuthuggers take jokes/shots/criticism towards the guy personally.

"DONT YOU DARE MAKE FUN OF A FUTURE MILLIONARE, ASSHOLE, GO TO YOUR KKK MEETING RACIST fugER"

i really do think that over half of the cam huggers have masturbated to at least one cam newton play, but thats just my theory

This is the NFL draft, and all players have is college game tape, and based on that, no one has a better resume than cam newton in this draft as far as production and awards. So there is no reason to discredit what he did in college, because with that mind set we wouldnt draft a single college player. Jimmy clausen got chewed to pieces for including that INT in his game film, and that kind of decision making bothers my personally. I believe Cam got injured on the second play of the game and his team still won the game, that speaks volumes. I believe there has been multiple threads with Cam statistics and no one said hes a great passer, but his deep ball is better than Jimmys, he can extend plays, and he has decent accuracy. Now in the past 7 years of watching QBs in Carolina, none have cams potential nor ability, and we certainly have never had a pure "accurate" passer at the position.

He has a great resume as a great college football player, but that doesn't matter anymore. No one is denying he was great in college. We're talking about the NFL though. If the draft was based solely on what players did in college, there would be no need for workouts, combines, interviews, etc.

He said himself he took a hard shot at the beginning of the second half, so it wasn't the second play. His team only put up 6 points in the second half, 3 of those after one of the weirdest plays in football in recent memory.

His ability to extend plays will be tested in the NFL when he's facing players that are bigger, faster, and quicker than those he faced in college.

He will have to prove he can read zone defenses in the NFL because in college he faced a lot of man and when he did face zones, he made some really bad decisions that didn't always show up in the INT column.

The main point is there are a lot of reasons to not want to draft Cam, just as there are some reasons to want to draft Cam, but to say everyone likes to bash and brings no game knowledge is foolish

Im not saying all people that dont want Cam are "haters" but there are Carolina fans out there that generally do not like this man. I heard a woman the other day on the radio say that she has been a PSL holder for 16 years and will sell it if Cam gets drafted. Another guy plans on making Anti-Cam shirts. Thats real passionate hate. So called Cam huggers are just pro-Cam and will be more disappointed than angry like those haters. I want Cam but whoever they get Im gonna ride with them and not protest like those so-called Carolina fans

Im not saying all people that dont want Cam are "haters" but there are Carolina fans out there that generally do not like this man. I heard a woman the other day on the radio say that she has been a PSL holder for 16 years and will sell it if Cam gets drafted. Another guy plans on making Anti-Cam shirts. Thats real passionate hate. So called Cam huggers are just pro-Cam and will be more disappointed than angry like those haters. I want Cam but whoever they get Im gonna ride with them and not protest like those so-called Carolina fans

It goes both ways. People have also said they will buy PSLs if Cam is drafted. Why wouldn't they buy them otherwise? There are just as many that hate Cam as there are that love Cam. There are some people who want to draft Cam for football reasons and others who don't. Some people don't want Cam because he's black and others want him just because he's black, although no one on either side will admit that part of it.

no matter which way we go somebody is going to be incredibly pissed. that's why I'm completely trusting Hurney, Rivera, Chud, our new qb coach, McDermont's judgement

but I think its most likely down to either: Dareus or Newton

It goes both ways. People have also said they will buy PSLs if Cam is drafted. Why wouldn't they buy them otherwise? There are just as many that hate Cam as there are that love Cam. There are some people who want to draft Cam for football reasons and others who don't. Some people don't want Cam because he's black and others want him just because he's black, although no one on either side will admit that part of it.

i want me a black QB. :D

I'll never understand why it is okay to hate Jimmy Clausen to the point or harassing him on Twitter but simply questioning Cam Newton's though process is a hate crime against decency.

Archived