• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett Reportedly Confirms Drug Use at Arkansas

mav1234

Did not vote for Bush either time.

Also if Mallett was 40 this wouldn't be such a big deal,.

True that, I can see that point, but then again we are talking about a player vs. the president of the USA. It is a good point because he is still young it is hard to say if it was an experimental type thing or a habitual/addict problem.

I just find it funny how standards are chosen for these young, popular guys on the football team coming out of college, including Cam. People want everyone to be perfect for some reason even though ironically flawed is normal, perfect is not. poo I wish the worst thing I ever did was steal a laptop or partied too hard.

You also should consider when Bush did it in college is was MUCH more deviant than 2011...

Very interesting how many times the more insignificant roles in our society, the more is expected from and vise versa. Good research topic...

True that, I can see that point, but then again we are talking about a player vs. the president of the USA. It is a good point because he is still young it is hard to say if it was an experimental type thing or a habitual/addict problem.

I just find it funny how standards are chosen for these young, popular guys on the football team coming out of college, including Cam. People want everyone to be perfect for some reason even though ironically flawed is normal, perfect is not. poo I wish the worst thing I ever did was steal a laptop or partied too hard.

I don't expect people to be perfect, but if I'm gonna pay you several million, I hope you're mature enough to handle that... thats all.

True, but I was providing a source more than I was trying to say that's what the article was about.

And I appreciate that. I had forgotten where I read that tidbit.

I don't expect people to be perfect, but if I'm gonna pay you several million, I hope you're mature enough to handle that... thats all.

Pretty much.

If this was Cam...

then not only would he have been arrested in his past he also would be a drug user, and he'd have another red flag in addition to the one he already has.

how the hell can anyone say "if this was CAM!!!"... Mallett's been getting slammed in the media from day f'ing one... even if not on internet message boards, where it matters he is taking huge hits.

All I can say is I told you so. Its was funny to have people argue with me about it was just a faults rumor that he used drugs.

It is still very well could be a "faults rumor." A writer who has been thoroughly vilified by about 70% of this board says that an unnamed GM told him that he admitted to drug usage.

1. Consider that this is the same source who basically called Newton a locker room cancer.

2. Unnamed sources give writers the ability to write whatever the fug they want without fear of retribution even if their is 0 truth in what they say.

3. Even if he did admit to drug use, that doesn't make him a coke head or an addict, it would only mean that he, at least, tried a drug.

Do I think that the rumors are valid? As I've stated many times, where there is smoke there is usually fire. I doubt that these rumors would be running so rampant if there was not some truth to them.

I just get annoyed when people state that something is absolutely fact, when they have no idea whatsoever whether or not it is true.

I would take him in the second and hire someone to follow him around. Kerry Collins use to be a big party guy and he pulled it together. I don't see what the big deal is - all these guys have clauses in their contracts that if they get arrested the team can cut them. Not much risk here for a 2nd rounder. I wouldn't build my team around him but I would take a chance. Honestly, I would rather us take Dareus and find a way to get a 2nd round pick and get Mallett.

Archived