• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The spirit of John Fox lives on?

Udogg

You would think after all the complaining about the conservative nature of the John Fox era people here would be more apt to take risk. However from a lot of comments and post it seems like John Fox is still here.

Drafting a cornerback , DT at #1?

We need a traditional pocket passing QB.

Complaining that a QB made a play to ice the game instead of taking a knee?

Tanking the year so we can get a better QB(arguably) next year?

Hoping that our horrible QB play from last year was just bad play calling?

Or maybe it's just me reading into things..........

So change just for change sake? BTW Pittsburgh has been 'conservative' for decades now. Who has the most rings?

Yes pocket passer as Dual college threats will NEVER make it in the NFL, NEVER! Now put down the fuging madden and join reality

I don't think that you can label people that don't want Cameron as being conservative.

AJGreen is the most dynamic offensive talent in the draft in my opinion, that's why you take him. I feel that the team isn't going to win right away anyhow so the team should build for the future with great talent. AJ Green was one of the top recruits out of HS and has kept his game at a high level while improving each and every year. He is the closest that this draft has to a can't miss prospect. That doesn't make me conservative because I want the Panthers to pick him over Cameron.

I don't think that you can label people that don't want Cameron as being conservative.

AJGreen is the most dynamic offensive talent in the draft in my opinion, that's why you take him. I feel that the team isn't going to win right away anyhow so the team should build for the future with great talent. AJ Green was one of the top recruits out of HS and has kept his game at a high level while improving each and every year. He is the closest that this draft has to a can't miss prospect. That doesn't make me conservative because I want the Panthers to pick him over Cameron.

The effort to label people who don't want Newton as something has been a pretty continuous one.

Not sure why folks can't just accept that people have differing opinions about who the best draft pick is and leave it at that.

(guess that's too much to ask) :nonod:

You would think after all the complaining about the conservative nature of the John Fox era people here would be more apt to take risk. However from a lot of comments and post it seems like John Fox is still here.

I gotta agree. I'm ecstatic Fox is not the HC for this draft or else we all know we'd be going defense with his favorite position (CB) as arguably the top player. We'd be the first team in history to draft a DB #1 and it would be a huge mistake.

Then he'd probably have some pipe dream of developing Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen...OR take another late round QB.

So change just for change sake? BTW Pittsburgh has been 'conservative' for decades now. Who has the most rings?

Yes pocket passer as Dual college threats will NEVER make it in the NFL, NEVER! Now put down the fuging madden and join reality

Ben Rothlisberger. He was drafted by the Steelers in the first round in the 2004 NFL Draft. Ever heard of him? He lives in reality too.

The effort to label people who don't want Newton as something has been a pretty continuous one.

Not sure why folks can't just accept that people have differing opinions about who the best draft pick is and leave it at that.

It's not everyone Mr. Scot. Just like everyone who likes Newton isn't blind to the other issue on the team. However taking the safest most cautious route seems like repeating the same mistakes over and over again. I

you all confuse being conservative with assuming Newton or Gabbert are guaranteed all pro's..

you can take a chance all you want, and if you succeed 1 out of 10 times, you failed 9.. but hey, YOU'RE A GOOOOOO GETTTTER!

I hope we draft Cam (and what that implies if we do).. however, you all are f**king stupid to assume everyone should just blindly accept that Newton or Gabbert will be true franchise QBs..

if people are concerned that they may not be, they aren't the dumb ones.. they are most likely the more logical ones.

To take a QB solely for the reason to be aggressive/take chances/whatever you want to call it is actually what is considered ignorant.

so in the same nature that this thread was made, let me go ahead and help you all assume I'm a Cam hater, despite what I've said in this thread.

um, yeah.. I'm not so sure why there is this venomous desire to label people ignorant or conservative who may disagree that these QBs aren't going to pan out.

Grabbing a QB and him becoming a bust is going to hurt more than not having a QB.

It's not everyone Mr. Scot. Just like everyone who likes Newton isn't blind to the other issue on the team. However taking the safest most cautious route seems like repeating the same mistakes over and over again. I

I wasn't really talking so much about you. I don't see you as making an effort to do that.

I disagree with your read on things though. I don't think making the judgment that the best player available at a need spot is someone other than one of the quarterbacks needs to involve fear or conservative thinking. I believe you can come to that conclusion on completely objective criteria (and I believe many have).

It might not be one you agree with, but it's a legitimate viewpoint.

and grabbing Newton and Gabbert who in all likely hood will be a bust (based on percentages that actually do work out) isn't making hte same mistakes over and over?

Clausen, Newton, then who?

fact is, teams who are more intelligent than you all will ever be whiff on QBs all the f**king time. Being cautious should be expected, unless your name is Al Davis.

you all confuse being conservative with assuming Newton or Gabbert are guaranteed all pro's..

I have not heard any pro Cam guys claiming such....only that has potential/ceiling was so high that it was worth the risk.

I didn't realize there was even a Gabbert bandwagon.

and grabbing Newton and Gabbert who in all likely hood will be a bust (based on percentages that actually do work out) isn't making hte same mistakes over and over?

Clausen, Newton, then who?

fact is, teams who are more intelligent than you all will ever be whiff on QBs all the f**king time. Being cautious should be expected, unless your name is Al Davis.

Clausen and Newton shouldn't be talked about in the same sentence.

Clausen is a low ceiling athlete who didn't win in college but was groomed to be a "QB".

Cam is a high ceiling athlete who won the National Championship on a team out of the SEC......and was a one make wrecking crew.

I have not heard any pro Cam guys claiming such....only that has potential/ceiling was so high that it was worth the risk.

I didn't realize there was even a Gabbert bandwagon.

I think AJ Green's potential is greater. He could be the best WR in the league in 5 years. I don't think that anyone can say that about cameron. Doesn't mean picking AJGreen is conservative. Fox likely wouldn't have taken him either.

How do you know? If you have been reading, then you would know you are about the 20th person to start this exact thread.

Archived