• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Acceptance vs. Denial....

SorthNarolina

If you accept that we are drafting Cam Newton it will be like making love to a beautiful woman you despise.

While you may feel a little down about yourself, nobody will fault you. She's a pretty gal so just focus on all the bro's giving you high fives instead of your own personal shame.

If you do not accept that we are drafting Cam Newton it will be like gang rape in a prison shower.

No matter how hard to kick, scream, and fight, the odds are not in your favor. It's going to happen. You will be destroyed inside and nobody will respect you afterwards.

And if Cam Newton is a bust it will be like an ex wife who stole several years of your life and will make you never want to touch another woman.

I gotta say I think it will be more like, you want to touch every other woman who looks even one tiny bit better than your ex wife.

It’s Camday, Camday

Gotta get down on Camday

Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the draft, draft

Camday, Camday

Gettin’ down on Camday

Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the draft

I love where your head's at, but I'd much prefer a simple Draft-Day version. I love the draft.

Partyin partying - yeah!

8pm, Draft time in New York

Gotta be fresh, gotta go downtown

Wanna be cool, go to the Super Bowl

Seein’ everything, the clock is tickin’

Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s crushin’

Gotta get down to Good-dell

Gotta make my pick, I see my friends (New Rookies)

Kickin’ with a Q-B

Sittin’ with a D-T

Gotta make my mind up

Which guy should I take?

It’s Draft-Day, Draft-Day

Gotta get down on Draft-Day

Everybody’s lookin’ forward to Draft-Day, Draft-Day

Draft-Day, Draft-Day

Gettin’ down Draft-Day, Draft-Day

Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the season.

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)

Fun, fun, fun, fun

Lookin’ forward to the season

It is NOT Cam Day. I am in denial so bad. I just don't see it being a reasonable pick.

We have tendered Matt Moore. Clausen is locked in for several years and Pike is also still here. In other words just like last year we need a vet not another young guy. Then there is the CBA issue. We may only be renting CAM if we do draft him. We could very well groom him to be successful elsewhere. The draft picks this year may just sign for 3-4 year instead of the usual 5-6. Meaning by the time our project is getting the hang of it he will be a free agent.

Yet another reason. Rich people don't admit mistakes. Jerry Richardson was ready to trade up for Clausen last year. Drafting Cam would be admitting that Jimmy was a mistake. Which with only 4 games experience may be a little presumptuous.

Also last year we went overwhelmingly OFFENSE. I mean Clausen, AE, and Lafell all cost us some high picks. If we went Defense on the first and traded back into the second to add another defensive player i would be happier than going Cam then trading up to get him a WR or TE.

Archived