• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got Some More Info Tonight

i can see our running game getting back to 2008 form when defenses have to take dead steps in anticipation of what Newton might do..

As for Smith i think he just wanted to see this franchise moving in the right direction and saw a lot of bad things going on last year in terms of the squabbling of Fox and the Front Office. If he still wants to go after all we are doing to try and change the culture around here then I guess it's time to move on.

And please do not get me wrong, Newton will not be forced to start. If he comes out and is clearly inexperienced and just looks lost out there they will not throw him out there.

One more interesting thing I thought that I left out was something about the offensive line. Zack Williams was not brought in to compete for the RG position. He was brought in to backup center because they dont like what Bernadeau did. Bernadeau also will not be in the running to start either but they like him as a backup. The RG position will be Robinson/Schwartz/Davis/Ziemba. They like what they have with this offensive line and reminds them of when they had players like Bridges, Omilaye, and Hangartner who can play multiple positions on the line.

Bernadeau

Wharton

Schwartz

Williams

Ziemba

Can all play multiple positions if needed.

with the lockout going on i dont think there is anyway in the hell cam can start for day one.. I dont know if i would want him too even under normal circumstances

If he's better than Jimmy, then he starts.

So, Schwartz won't get the nod, to begin with, for RG? That's... not what I expected. I thought it would look like this:

Gross - Wharton - Kalil - Schwartz - Otah (if healthy)

The thing with Schwartz was he got a small sample just like Bernadeau did. Bernadeau was great when he filled in but after getting the job he was exposed. He is a good player to fill in but to start every week teams found his weaknesses. So they do not want to give Schwartz the job like Bernadeau, the will make him earn it.

I have to say, now that the draft is over, and we can look forward to this season... I'm super excited. Way more than I thought I would be.

Me too. And there are good reasons for that:

1) We have much better personnel than a typical 2-14 team

2) If we can sign DWill and convince Smith to recommit to the team, our offense is potentially loaded with playmakers

3) Add Cofield and a decent CB, throw in the Rivera effect, and we are really going to like what we have on defense

4) We are young. If this group can blossom, we are going to be good for a long time

5) Strange as it sounds, the way Clausen has responded to the Cam drafting tells me he is going to stay positive, and that will lead to excellent competition, making both better players in the long run

6) Let Schwartz and Ziemba battle it out for the right guard spot, and our O-line is really solid

If I had to look for an area of concern, it might be whether or not Hardy is ready to take the next step. And that is not a major concern, as I think he is.

We may still go 5-11 or 6 -10, but we are set up really nice for the future.

Archived