• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hangartner likely moving elsewhere to start

Gscottnc5

We've known this could possibly happen with the rumors flying but it now seems it will come to fruition

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/02/hangartner-looking-to-start-elsewhere.html

As much as the Carolina Panthers would like to keep key backup offensive lineman Geoff Hangartner, it now appears he’ll be moving to another team.

Hangartner’s agent, Eric Metz, said today that he does not expect Hangartner to sign with the Panthers prior to the opening of the free agency signing period at 12:01 a.m. Friday and that he expects Hangartner “to have starting opportunities elsewhere.”

Metz has been assessing the possibility of the Panthers re-signing Hangartner in the past week, including at the NFL combine in Indianapolis......

Unless they address this in free agency, a quality OG backup is now a big need in the draft. Perhaps with our 3rd or 4th round pick.

We'll they like the dude and Bernardeau a lot it seems. it's still a need, but I don't think it's that big of a need. I also think they'll address it in FA similar to what they did last year. Gantt says Rb is a need in the draft's middle rounds

god forbib, but what if Stewie or D.Will goes down this year.. we need to have some sort of contingency plan.. with Goings gone, we are a little thinner than before.. do you have a ton of faith in Birmingham

The thing with replacing Goings is that you need someone that can be an effective runner but is really more or less a special teamer. I think Birmingham could be that guy. Do I have a lot of faith in him? Not really but its not like he is being asked to be the backup RB. He is being asked to be the backups backup. Should something happen to Williams or Stewart, the other would just have to assume more of the work load. I doubt they would have asked anymore out of Goings in that type of situation.

Archived