• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

steve smith cleaned out his locker?

rayzor

i hadn't heard this before, but this was something that stuck out to me amidst all of the talk about the panthers workouts...

from joseph person:

3) Steve Smith remains a mystery.

That was not learned for the first time today, but it was reinforced when Newton said Smith had been at Charlotte Christian earlier this week (Smith was not there today). On Monday night Smith indicated he had not yet attended the workouts.

Smith has cleaned out his belongings from Bank of America Stadium and indicated he wants to be traded. And he still likely will be moved after the lockout.

But his recent praise of Newton and first-year coach Ron Rivera -- and the fact that he was out catching passes from Newton this week -- suggest he might at least be considering staying put.

this may be old news, but, like i said, i don't remember hearing it.

i suppose this could have been put in one of the other million threads about smith, but i wanted to find out and thought this might get lost in one of them. and i wanted to make another thread because i'm trying to put off working this morning. :o

I think it was pretty clear he wanted out at the end of last season.

Without a lockout he was 100% gone. Now that he's had time to cool off, meet the coaches, Cam, and spend some time with the team he's probably not sure what he wants to do at this point.

However the end result of this thread is the same as all the others...right?

Noone here knows whether or not he is leaving or staying, and will ultimately evolve into the same discussion as the others....either it will be "god i hope he stays", "god..I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes", or "f-him if he doesn't want to play on our team".

However the end result of this thread is the same as all the others...right?

Noone here knows whether or not he is leaving or staying, and will ultimately evolve into the same discussion as the others....either it will be "god i hope he stays", "god..I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes", or "f-him if he doesn't want to play on our team".

yeah, i didn't expect any new revelation to come from this thread or for anyone to have any more insight than any other time. regardless of what anyone says, no one really knows what's going to happen or what the real issues are right now.

i was more just curious about when this happened.

I seem to remember, and it was a long time ago, that on the last day of school (jr. high or high school) I always cleaned out my locker too, took all my stuff home. And the following year, I came back.

Mr. Dobson, we are calling to inform you that you have to repeat the 7th grade. Please bring your stuff back

This has been discussed, he cleaned out his locker because he wants to be closer to Moore's locker.

He also cleaned out his suite so he can get rid of those gawd awful pics of him and delhomme and gets some Moore-Smitty pictures.

Moore's wife also wasn't comfortable in the suite and her and Smitty's wife are such good friends they are redesigning it with more comfortable chairs.

No big deal.

so a non-issue, right?

kind of what i figured since so few jumped on it.

Everyone jumped on it when it was posted about a month or two ago (they freaked out as usual).

I wonder if my letter threatening him to stay ever got there...

Archived